Most depressing movies and TV shows

VOLociraptorr

I'm rewatching Breaking Bad and there is always one episode that gets to me. Season 2 Episode 6 features the kid of meth heads babysitting himself by watching TV in a trashed house. This episode always wrecks me.

This got me thinking, what movies, episodes, or series are most depressing to you?

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I thought Alpha Dog was a great movie. Put it on a 2nd time a few years after it came out. Turned it off after 20 minutes bc I realized I couldn't stand what was coming. Even harder now that Yelchin died in brutal fashion and he was such a sweet kid IRL

Reactions: VOLociraptorr
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas depresses the **** out of me. Idk why. I can't even get through it.

Requiem for a Dream
The Mist (don't just hang on the gut punch ending, the whole thing is about how crappy people can be when things get bad)
The Road

Reactions: SlipKidVol
The wife has been on a spate of cheesy, low budget movies on NF. I cant name just one but they're all Lifetime movies. They're depressing as hell.

The Good Witch is another, horrible show.

Schindler's List. Could only watch it once.

As far as TV series, The Waltons. Did anything good or fortunate ever happen on Walton Mountain??? My parents watched that when I was a kid. I tried to watch it on a classic TV station a while back and I couldn't get through one episode. Even the intro music is depressing.

As far as TV series, The Waltons. Did anything good or fortunate ever happen on Walton Mountain??? My parents watched that when I was a kid. I tried to watch it on a classic TV station a while back and I couldn't get through one episode. Even the intro music is depressing.

Lots of good things happened on Waltons Mnt. One of my favorite shows.

Serious question….. was John Boy light in the loafers?

There was an episode in the first season of The Twilight Zone called "A Stop at Willoughby" that has stuck with me.

Basically, a middle aged man with a stressful sales job, an abusive boss and an uncaring, selfish wife keeps having a recurring dream that he's on a train that stops at a peaceful and idyllic small town named Willoughby. He comes to look forward to having these dreams. At the end of the episode, a train conductor stands over the man's dead body and announces that he had jumped from the train. The episode ends with him being loaded into a hearse marked "Willoughby and Son Funeral Home". The town he had been dreaming of was a metaphor for suicide, and the peace he finally found was in the form of death.

VN Store

Back