Most Intense Vol Moments

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
Just wondering what you guys favorite intense monents were as a vol fan. mine had to be this last season when wilhoit kicked the 50 yard field goal to win the game against florida. neyland went insane.

Originally posted by duckman398686@Feb 1, 2005 9:22 PM
Just wondering what you guys favorite intense monents were as a vol fan. mine had to be this last season when wilhoit kicked the 50 yard field goal to win the game against florida. neyland went insane.

20-17 'no siree'

Florida 98 the missed FG
Arkansas 98 the final drive
Bama 95 the first play
Notre Dame 91 the missed FG
FSU 99 (Fiesta Bowl/NC) Goodrich INT

ok first off during the florida game this year.....i was living in north carolina this year but his family is big vols fan :D (gotta love those out of state fans keep it up guys!) and we're watching the game and after Wilhoit missed the field goal....I screamed and I quote "I'm going to drive to knoxville and kill Wilhoit" lol....well 5 minutes later my friend and me are watching the winning field goal and we ran around the house throwing pillows and screaming for about 2 minutes and yes im not 12 im 21.....insane what a football game will make ya do :rocks:

most intense i ever got into a game was when casey clausen went into the swamp and beat the gators the first time. no one gave us a chance. not even my grandfather (been a fan of ut for 40 years) gave them a chance. when we went up 14 nothing i was freaking out. then florida made there comeback and didnt get the two point conversion. i freaked out and me and my grandfather went outside and blasted rockytop up and down the streets. by the way, i live in florida.

You had to be there for this one . . . '98 Auburn game at Auburn. I was pissed because I had horrible seats on the fifth row in the back of one of the end zones. Auburn punted us down to our own one yard line and Tee Martin fumbled at the 1 foot line. Then our defense came onto the field and stuffed 4 straight plays from inside the 1 yard line about 50 feet from me. Me and the 1,000 or so Vol fans around me went nuts.

I would have to say that there are many....But none compare to the Joy I felt in 98' when Chandler missed the FG for Florida....What a moment!

Originally posted by JSB2277+Feb 1, 2005 9:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JSB2277 @ Feb 1, 2005 9:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-duckman398686@Feb 1, 2005 9:22 PM

20-17 &#39;no siree&#39; [/quote]
Yep, and I was there&#33;&#33; :pepper: I&#39;ll never forget it.

That Auburn game also had an 80 yard fumble return by Shaun Ellis come into that same end zone. Auburn was driving away from me and being as low as I was, I couldn&#39;t tell what was going on, and then suddenly I see a 275 lb Defensive End rumbling back at me with the football in his hands.

Definitely the best bad seats I&#39;ve ever had at a football game.

Beginning of the Bama game this year when we caused a fumble and returned it for a TD

Wilhoit hitting the game winner against Florida

While it never should have been that close - the 5 OT game against Bama was as intense as any Vol moment for me. I remember how down I was when it was 4th and 19 and then...

Good one - That was the throw of Casey Clausen&#39;s career.

Originally posted by JSB2277+Feb 1, 2005 9:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JSB2277 @ Feb 1, 2005 9:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-duckman398686@Feb 1, 2005 9:22 PM

20-17 &#39;no siree&#39; [/quote]
Definately agree with this one. A close second is Stoerner&#39;s fumble.

Im gonna have to go with the 98 championship...the goodrich INT and this years florida game......i work on the field and i was standin bout 10 ft to the right of the posts.....that was the loudest ive heard the place....i swear the ground was shakin.....after the game i was walkin across the field shakin hands of ppl like kevin burnett and cedric houston...it was great

Never will forget John Ward&#39;s call, he stopped and let the crowd cheer before giving the famous NO-SIR-REE. I heard on the radio on the way to my friend&#39;s house.

By far, THE most intense moment I can ever remember was AFTER the Stoerner fumble in 98, and BEFORE the Travis Henry TD.

For some reason, with 1:43 left, I just KNEW UT was going to run the ball. After the first run picked up about 17, I think everybody knew that it was the Travis Henry show. The second run gained about 12. It was then I began to feel a little sorry for the ARkansas defense, because I KNEW, I just KNEW Henry was going to score. On the 3rd run, he took it from the 12 down to about the 4 and the R&#39;Backs called a timeout.

It was all over for me then. I loved every second of that Timeout. Henry hadnt even scored yet and I was as happy as a clam.

4th and 17, 2003 in Tusca-looser ,in 5th OT, complete to CJ Fayton. Wow, what a hush over T-Town. We win, they shot up. Good Night&#33;

National Championship - Dwayne Goodrich INT returned for a TD.

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 1, 2005 9:52 PM
That Auburn game also had an 80 yard fumble return by Shaun Ellis come into that same end zone. Auburn was driving away from me and being as low as I was, I couldn&#39;t tell what was going on, and then suddenly I see a 275 lb Defensive End rumbling back at me with the football in his hands.

Definitely the best bad seats I&#39;ve ever had at a football game.

Crazy. My med school roommate and I were sitting in the same spot -- front row. We went BALLISTIC when Ellis came storming through. We were so pissed before the game started, but it turned out that we got to see the best action up close and personal.

For my favorite, it would be a toss up between the first play vs. Bama in &#39;95 and the missed FG vs. Florida in &#39;98. Both involved mass destruction of the party-host&#39;s apartment, minor injuries to the guilty parties, and quite a few 2-day hangovers.

Speaking of Henry, that kid had a move I can only describe as a "dead leg". Guys would tackle him about waste high and then they would slide off of his leg.

He also had one hell of a stiff arm.

96 Bama, first time we won against Bama at home in years. My dad and I were going crazy when Little sacked Freddie "always in the" Kitchens.

Originally posted by volinbham@Feb 1, 2005 10:09 PM
While it never should have been that close - the 5 OT game against Bama was as intense as any Vol moment for me. I remember how down I was when it was 4th and 19 and then...

Not only that, but go back to the 4th quarter when we were down 20-13 and we punted the ball away w/ zero timeouts. Bama had a 3rd and 1 and we stopped him inches short and then Clausen took us 87 yards w/ zero TO&#39;s and we scored. There was another big 3rd or 4th down play that Mark Jones convetered.

VN Store

Back