Most Intense Vol Moments

Originally posted by Volunteer@Feb 3, 2005 10:53 AM
Speaking of Henry, that kid had a move I can only describe as a "dead leg". Guys would tackle him about waste high and then they would slide off of his leg.

He also had one hell of a stiff arm.

96 Bama, first time we won against Bama at home in years. My dad and I were going crazy when Little sacked Freddie "always in the" Kitchens.

We beat them in 95 for the 1st time in 9 years.

Anybody actually hear the kick from the stands by Wilhoit against Florida this past year?

I couldn't bear to watch it so I closed my eyes and actually heard the thump of the football, that's how quiet 114,000 fans were.

My most intense moments were these 2. Both vs. Bama.

1996 - "The Run" tied up 13-13 with around 2:30 to go, Tennessee looked as if it were playing for OT, Tennessee ran the ball once and on 2nd and 8 Jay Graham busted through the line for a 75 yard TD. I was sitting in the Bama section that game and there were no UT fans close to me except my brother sitting next to me. I remember the Bama fans holding up 4 fingers, one toothless wonder put 4 fingers close to my face acting as if they own the 4th quarter. Turns out the boys in orange had the last laugh and won the ball game in the 4th quarter. It was so intense because of the Bama fans and how we got to celebrate.

But the run Graham made that day made Neyland electric that night. It was so freaking loud.

1999 - Touchdown Tee Martin, Touchdown Tennessee!!

Once again sitting in the Bama section for the 1999 game, this time it was on the road so there were more toothless wonders than at Neyland. Bama jumped out 7-0. But Tennessee scored 14 unanswered to take the lead. Leading 14-0, Bama fans were still running their lips. Martin put together a huge drive, and on 2nd and 8 from the Bama 21, Tee rolled right and ran it in for a 21 yard TD run. Nothing significant, just because of the people that were around me, and if you ask me, I think Beating Bama is better than sex itself.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Feb 1, 2005 9:27 PM
Florida 98 the missed FG
Arkansas 98 the final drive
Bama 95 the first play
Notre Dame 91 the missed FG
FSU 99 (Fiesta Bowl/NC) Goodrich INT

Perfect... those are my top 5 as well...

VN Store

Back