Most likely reason

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
Mike Hamilton should/will get rid of Todd Raleigh for the same reason he dismissed Phil Fulmer and Buzz Peterson

APATHY

We have spent millions on stadium improvements and still finished last in attendance.

Worse than under Delmonico, the group of hardcore supporters (about 1,500) is now noticeably shrinking.

This apathy is even apparent and not improved for team fighting for the all-glory 8th spot.

This team (with a win today and another UK loss) may still qualify for NCAA.

But that does not change the apathy this program has earned.

Every coach that Mr. Hamilton has sacked has had years remaining on contracts. I do not think another season or 2 under Raleigh will result in any different results on the field. I KNOW another season or two will not improve fan apathy.

And I agree about the apathy, it's about as low as I can remember since I really started following around 1993. The games on TV this year at home looked like about 200 people bothered to show up.

That may be true, but no way this team deserves a bid.

We'll just let the NCAA decide that. The team appreciates your support. I can understand your Anti-Raleigh posts but alot of your posts simply wreak of negavol.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We'll just let the NCAA decide that. The team appreciates your support. I can understand your Anti-Raleigh posts but alot of your posts simply wreak of negavol.

You say that about every post that isn't 100% kool-aid positive. And don't even pretend you "understand your Anti-Raliegh posts", you've done nothing but lump all of them in, by everyone, to your "negavol" category.

I do support the team, but I'm not going to act like a team that can't even finish in the Top 8 of their conference has any business playing for the National Championship. You on the other hand would declare it as proof Raliegh has improved the team.

Oh and PS, you're not on the team, so you have no business answering on behalf of the team. You have no idea if they appreciate "my support" or not, or if they take it into consideration anymore or less than yours.

Mike Hamilton should/will get rid of Todd Raleigh for the same reason he dismissed Phil Fulmer and Buzz Peterson

APATHY

We have spent millions on stadium improvements and still finished last in attendance.

Worse than under Delmonico, the group of hardcore supporters (about 1,500) is now noticeably shrinking.

This apathy is even apparent and not improved for team fighting for the all-glory 8th spot.

This team (with a win today and another UK loss) may still qualify for NCAA.

But that does not change the apathy this program has earned.

Every coach that Mr. Hamilton has sacked has had years remaining on contracts. I do not think another season or 2 under Raleigh will result in any different results on the field. I KNOW another season or two will not improve fan apathy.

Jimmy Himes on 104.5 in Nashville just said that M.H. wants him back next year. I think they should both be gone. IMO.

Hey VolsSports"Fan", I can assure you, players read this crap. You seem to refer to the team as "we" also. Neither of us are on the team. You sure are wishy-washy. Last week you said if we make the postseason, then Raleigh deserves another year. Now you're saying not only should TR be fired but the team doesn't deserve a chance if given one. Take a sip of kool-aid and enjoy the game today.

Oh and PS, Frye didn't offer you the avatar. You were in no way involved with the wager. It does fit you though. I will change mine before you. You will need it for AT LEAST another year! Enjoy it!

GO VOLS!!! BEAT BAMA!!!

I was told from someone in the coaching industry that Dave Serrano at Cal Fullerton wants the job. If guys like Dave, Murphy, O'Donnell are interested what are we waiting for? Big time name brings instant credibility back to UT baseball.

I was told from someone in the coaching industry that Dave Serrano at Cal Fullerton wants the job. If guys like Dave, Murphy, O'Donnell are interested what are we waiting for? Big time name brings instant credibility back to UT baseball.

Who is O'Donnell? Did you mean Dan McDonnell? Dan McDonnell will be coaching somewhere in the SEC in 2 years. Don't be surprised if it's UT. Pat Murphy has too much baggage in my opinion. He left way more questions than answers on his way outta ASU. Why would Serrano want to leave the gravy train he's riding? The only reason I could see is because the SEC us viewed as the ultimate destination for the majority of college coaches.

Who is O'Donnell? Did you mean Dan McDonnell? Dan McDonnell will be coaching somewhere in the SEC in 2 years. Don't be surprised if it's UT. Pat Murphy has too much baggage in my opinion. He left way more questions than answers on his way outta ASU. Why would Serrano want to leave the gravy train he's riding? The only reason I could see is because the SEC us viewed as the ultimate destination for the majority of college coaches.

Murph was a scapegoat. Did he do some stuff that wasn't by the 'AA's book? Yea, but it wasn't anything that doesn't go on at at least 99% of other programs.

Maybe Neil O'Donnell is tired of selling faux-turf and wants to give baseball a try. That sure would get peoples attention!:)

Murph was a scapegoat. Did he do some stuff that wasn't by the 'AA's book? Yea, but it wasn't anything that doesn't go on at at least 99% of other programs.

If big-time schools didn't feel like Murphy has alot of baggage, he wouldn't have to be out there marketing himself. They should be beating down his door with the resume he has.

If big-time schools didn't feel like Murphy has alot of baggage, he wouldn't have to be out there marketing himself. They should be beating down his door with the resume he has.

He's had plenty of calls.

Hey VolsSports"Fan", I can assure you, players read this crap. You seem to refer to the team as "we" also. Neither of us are on the team. You sure are wishy-washy. Last week you said if we make the postseason, then Raleigh deserves another year. Now you're saying not only should TR be fired but the team doesn't deserve a chance if given one. Take a sip of kool-aid and enjoy the game today.

Oh and PS, Frye didn't offer you the avatar. You were in no way involved with the wager. It does fit you though. I will change mine before you. You will need it for AT LEAST another year! Enjoy it!

GO VOLS!!! BEAT BAMA!!!

Way to stay on top of thing...since you replied this about 10 minutes after I posted that I changed my avatar.

Hobcock, You say that about every post that isn't 100% kool-aid positive. And don't even pretend you "understand your Anti-Raliegh posts", you've done nothing but lump all of them in, by everyone, to your "negavol" category.

I do support the team, but I'm not going to act like a team that can't even finish in the Top 8 of their conference has any business playing for the National Championship. You on the other hand would declare it as proof Raliegh has improved the team.

Oh and PS, you're not on the team, so you have no business answering on behalf of the team. You have no idea if they appreciate "my support" or not, or if they take it into consideration anymore or less than yours.

Allow The Troll his delusions.:snoring:

If either the team or its rotund General are happy about much of anything this year, or the last three for that matter, then this alone is self-incriminating evidence of the need for change...of both players and coaching stiffs, er, staff. :yes:

Last edited:
Hobock...it comes down to this....Raleigh hasn't and won't get the job done here...our program should be MUCH better than it is right now...cellar dwellars in the SEC for 3 straight years

Serrano didn't want the job the first time around when he was at UC Irvine and no way he leaves a top 5 program all-time for UT. Especially not with the situation we're in. Tennessee HS baseball is much better than it's football but it ain't California HS baseball, the rebuilding job here wouldn't be worth his time, and I don't blame him. You'd have to throw a minimum of 500k at Serrano.

I don't think Serrano would be hired here because of his educational background. He didn't have a degree until a couple of years ago, and got the one he has via an online college instead of at his employer. It's the one thing that has consistently held him back from getting a better job.

VN Store

Back