Most to prove in the SEC

YankeeVol

Raised a Yank, Born a Vol
Tennessee's defense: It can't get any worse for the Vols on defense, right? They were embarrassingly bad a year ago in Sal Sunseri's one and only year as defensive coordinator, giving up 37 or more points in eight of their 12 games. John Jancek takes over as defensive coordinator in Butch Jones' first season as head coach and has gone back to a 4-3 scheme and simplified things. A lot of the same players who went through last season's nightmare are back, so they get a chance to right the ship.

Have to agree

SEC players, teams, coaches with most to prove - ESPN

If you've read any comments from the players, they think it's a whole new ballgame this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Defense production are better coached and more determined than ever. The Senior lineman have something to prove this year. Go vols

the math department.

nah, id say franklin is about to get hit in his very loud mouth by everyone in the sec this year. nothing new for vandy, but the "fans" seem to actually think they are competitive. kudos to franklin for this insanely well done pr

Defense production are better coached and more determined than ever. The Senior lineman have something to prove this year. Go vols

A good season by the defensive line and they will all be playing in the NFL next season. McCullers, Hood, Smith, Couch & Walls.....

We can be improved and still get smoked by Oregon. The Oregon game will not be a good measuring stick. Florida will be a better measuring stick.

hopefully our d will learn from the oregon game. florida is usually the fastest team in the SEC so maybe we will be able to take something away from the oregon game.

then we got south alabama to prep for the georgia game. then a bye before the south carolina and bama games. tough schedule but i like how it is temporally and chronologically

the math department.

nah, id say franklin is about to get hit in his very loud mouth by everyone in the sec this year. nothing new for vandy, but the "fans" seem to actually think they are competitive. kudos to franklin for this insanely well done pr

They think they're competitive because winning more games than you loose would suggest that. 15-11 under Franklin and back to back bowl games.

They think they're competitive because winning more games than you loose would suggest that. 15-11 under Franklin and back to back bowl games.

2011: W's w/ Elon, Connecticut, Ole Miss, Army, Kentucky, and Wake Forest. And a loss to Cinnci in the Liberty Bowl. How the hell is that impressive? Anyway thats 6 of 15.

2012: W's w/ Div AA team, Missouri, Auburn, Mass, Kentucky, Ole Miss, and Ut. W against NC State (we know how good they were last year) Better wins here but still nothing too impressive.

So whats your quality win b/c you're going on the every thread you can find a talking Vandy up big?

Franklin is a solid coach and a great PR guy. Just because Vandy is playing better than their usually floundering does not make them competitive. You just bought into his crap without any real justification other than overall record.

Reactions: 3 people
2011: W's w/ Elon, Connecticut, Ole Miss, Army, Kentucky, and Wake Forest. And a loss to Cinnci in the Liberty Bowl. How the hell is that impressive? Anyway thats 6 of 15.

2012: W's w/ Div AA team, Missouri, Auburn, Mass, Kentucky, Ole Miss, and Ut. W against NC State (we know how good they were last year) Better wins here but still nothing too impressive.

So whats your quality win b/c you're going on the every thread you can find a talking Vandy up big?

Franklin is a solid coach and a great PR guy. Just because Vandy is playing better than their usually floundering does not make them competitive. You just bought into his crap without any real justification other than overall record.

I get that Vols fans hate Vandy. Vandy was competitive in every game but 1 last year. U can argue their quality of wins but winning is winning. Vandy went from 2-10 seasons to having a winning record in the SEC. I really hope Butch Jones gets UT turned around. When they were winning it was a lot easier to be around their fans.

I get that Vols fans hate Vandy. Vandy was competitive in every game but 1 last year. U can argue their quality of wins but winning is winning. Vandy went from 2-10 seasons to having a winning record in the SEC. I really hope Butch Jones gets UT turned around. When they were winning it was a lot easier to be around their fans.

Yeah, like it's easier to be around vandy fans. :shhh:

Reactions: 2 people

No you dont get it. You smarted off to my thread response about Vandy being competitive. I do not hate Vandy. I dont consider them a rival. I am fine with them doing well. This has to do with you going thread to thread talking about how Vandy is going to be a strong team and you dismissively quoting me here. Vanderbilt was NOT competitive in every game but one last year. Vandy went 2-10 b/c of an abrupt loss of HC Bobby Johnson.

Northwestern L 13–23
Georgia L 3–48
Florida L 17–31

Look at your post history. You are one of their fans.

Pretty easy to have a winning record with a piss poor SOS.

Vanderbilt's fans: The Commodores won nine games last season for the first time in nearly 100 years, and second-year coach James Franklin says that was just a start. But to truly take this program to the upper echelon of the SEC, he's going to need the fans to start filling 40,330-seat Vanderbilt Stadium on a consistent basis. He has been pretty open about challenging them and said he doesn't want to hear any excuses. We'll see how they respond starting Thursday night when Ole Miss comes to town for the opener.

Quite a bit of pressure for 5 or 6 fans to have.

Reactions: 4 people

Excuse me, if UT had Vandy's record the last 2 years fans would feel much better than they do presently. Vandy's fielded a pretty decent team the last 2 years and beat the living shat out of us last year. Talking down the competition doesn't make our team any better....winning does!

VN Store

Back