Most to prove in the SEC

We can be improved and still get smoked by Oregon. The Oregon game will not be a good measuring stick. Florida will be a better measuring stick.

i agree and disagree because i think we match up better to florida than oregon. but at the same time i do not expect to get thumped by oregon either. if we can stay within 10 points its a good game! that game falls on ball control and working the clock..

i agree and disagree because i think we match up better to florida than oregon. but at the same time i do not expect to get thumped by oregon either. if we can stay within 10 points its a good game! that game falls on ball control and working the clock..

We have no chance to stay within 10 points after the 1st half.

Reactions: 2 people
Vanderbilt's fans: The Commodores won nine games last season for the first time in nearly 100 years, and second-year coach James Franklin says that was just a start. But to truly take this program to the upper echelon of the SEC, he's going to need the fans to start filling 40,330-seat Vanderbilt Stadium on a consistent basis. He has been pretty open about challenging them and said he doesn't want to hear any excuses. We'll see how they respond starting Thursday night when Ole Miss comes to town for the opener.

Quite a bit of pressure for 5 or 6 fans to have.

The stadium will be filled with black and gold. A fan base doesn't win games.

We have no chance to stay within 10 points after the 1st half.

We heard the same thing before the 1985 Sugar Bowl and countless other times. There is ALWAYS a chance!!!!

It's ok to temper your expectations but don't give up before the game starts

I get that Vols fans hate Vandy. Vandy was competitive in every game but 1 last year. U can argue their quality of wins but winning is winning. Vandy went from 2-10 seasons to having a winning record in the SEC. I really hope Butch Jones gets UT turned around. When they were winning it was a lot easier to be around their fans.

Enjoy your brief blip. There are really only two options for Vandy and both are bad: 1) Franklin is as good of a coach as people tend to want to believe, and he goes to a school where he can show that off (USC?), or 2)Vandy has received really good luck (Playing Auburn and Tennessee last year at historical lows for those programs, playing a hobbled beat up Mizzou team, and an NCSU team who Vandy had more talent than).

If its the former, you caught lightning in a bottle but you can't expect to repeat that, if its the latter your fall from grace will be just as spectacular.

Consider this too, should Vandy take a step back this year, the wolves will smell blood on the recruiting trail. Its easy to talk up recruiting when you're winning, and your key opponents are down, when that paradigm shifts it begins a downward spiral that takes years to even recognize.

Last edited:
The stadium will be filled with black and gold. A fan base doesn't win games.

Yeah, that sea of black and gold must have been intimidating to Ole Miss last night.

20120908_lbm_sg8_296.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back