Mounjaro/Ozempic/Wegovy Thread

Has anyone had any problems using Wegovy? I mean health complications.
Because I've read on this law firm's site that it can cause gastroparesis, blood clots, and NAION. And lawsuits are filed against the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Bravo to all trying to get healthy and lose weight. I’m down 87 lbs since 2017, with diet and exercise only. Happy to share any tips with those interested or looking for an alternative to these injections.

Been taking Ozempic for a year. Helped me drop my A1C to almost normal levels and I’ve lost a reasonable amount of weight. No side effects that I would consider negative. I don’t expect to be on it this time next year.
Make sure your colon is healthy. All the drugs listed above IMO can affect how the Colon functions. So get Colonoscopies on schedule to check. My wife and I had no problems before and now we had issues.

Reactions: butchna
Bravo to all trying to get healthy and lose weight. I’m down 87 lbs since 2017, with diet and exercise only. Happy to share any tips with those interested or looking for an alternative to these injections.

I'd be interested in hearing any recommendations/tips you have! I'm leery of the Ozempic/Wegovy/Mounjaro type drugs until more is known about side effects.

I'd be interested in hearing any recommendations/tips you have! I'm leery of the Ozempic/Wegovy/Mounjaro type drugs until more is known about side effects.
I started out by downloading a food and exercise tracking app, called LoseIt. I bought a scale for my bathroom and began weighing in each morning when I woke up. The LoseIt app has a feature for your goal weight that you want to get to and it tells you how many calories that you can take in per day to reach your goal and estimated date. You can choose 1lb per week, up to 2lbs per week. I picked the 2lb plan. I try and log everything single thing that I put in my body. Most of the foods, you can scan labels from the package, or they have been pre-entered by other users. Whenever I go out to eat, I try to look at their menus online and pick out the healthiest option that I can find and lowest in calories. I also bought a digital food scale on Amazon and measure my portions at home. You'd be surprised how much you are underestimating portions and eating more than you think. It sounds like a pain, but its second nature to me at this point.

I went to the grocery store and loaded up on lean meats, vegetables, fruits, etc and started staying away from breads, pastas, rice as much as possible. Whenever we have meals at home now, I use Keto Bread and veggie spirals for my pasta. I try to avoid as much sugar as possible, unless it's natural, like honey, etc. I've tried to completely eliminate beer as much as possible, because of the high calories and it makes me feel swollen when I drink it now. I usually have seltzers, vodka or wine now when I do drink.

When we order Pizza from somewhere like Blaze, I try to get keto crust and load it up with low cal veggies and grilled chicken. I'm trying to intake as much protein as possible per day, by eating meats, protein bars, protein shakes, etc, and limiting my carb intake.

Exercise - start out slow and just start going for a walk. If you can only do 1/4 of a mile, don't get discouraged. You'll work your way up. I usually take my dogs for a walk in the morning for about 2 miles. I bought a walk pad for my home office that has a stand up desk and walk slow while I'm working. This helps me get extra steps in throughout the day. I also joined a gym and lift weights 3-4 days per week and 2 days of incline treadmill walking or the stair master. I don't run and hate it. I don't lift heavy weights anymore, I go for more body weight exercises, and dumbbells at high reps. I take daily supplements every morning and drink lots of water to stay hydrated.

It may seem like a lot to take in, but once you get down a routine, it gets easier. Sorry for the long rant, I hope this helps you a little bit.

I started out by downloading a food and exercise tracking app, called LoseIt. I bought a scale for my bathroom and began weighing in each morning when I woke up. The LoseIt app has a feature for your goal weight that you want to get to and it tells you how many calories that you can take in per day to reach your goal and estimated date. You can choose 1lb per week, up to 2lbs per week. I picked the 2lb plan. I try and log everything single thing that I put in my body. Most of the foods, you can scan labels from the package, or they have been pre-entered by other users. Whenever I go out to eat, I try to look at their menus online and pick out the healthiest option that I can find and lowest in calories. I also bought a digital food scale on Amazon and measure my portions at home. You'd be surprised how much you are underestimating portions and eating more than you think. It sounds like a pain, but its second nature to me at this point.

I went to the grocery store and loaded up on lean meats, vegetables, fruits, etc and started staying away from breads, pastas, rice as much as possible. Whenever we have meals at home now, I use Keto Bread and veggie spirals for my pasta. I try to avoid as much sugar as possible, unless it's natural, like honey, etc. I've tried to completely eliminate beer as much as possible, because of the high calories and it makes me feel swollen when I drink it now. I usually have seltzers, vodka or wine now when I do drink.

When we order Pizza from somewhere like Blaze, I try to get keto crust and load it up with low cal veggies and grilled chicken. I'm trying to intake as much protein as possible per day, by eating meats, protein bars, protein shakes, etc, and limiting my carb intake.

Exercise - start out slow and just start going for a walk. If you can only do 1/4 of a mile, don't get discouraged. You'll work your way up. I usually take my dogs for a walk in the morning for about 2 miles. I bought a walk pad for my home office that has a stand up desk and walk slow while I'm working. This helps me get extra steps in throughout the day. I also joined a gym and lift weights 3-4 days per week and 2 days of incline treadmill walking or the stair master. I don't run and hate it. I don't lift heavy weights anymore, I go for more body weight exercises, and dumbbells at high reps. I take daily supplements every morning and drink lots of water to stay hydrated.

It may seem like a lot to take in, but once you get down a routine, it gets easier. Sorry for the long rant, I hope this helps you a little bit.

It is absolutely helpful, thank you!

Reactions: SDV
My wife works at a clinic. When we went to their company Christmas party last year I noticed many of them had lost weight. I looked at my wife and said, “Wow! Good for them! I don’t know how they are doing it with their schedules, but good for them.” She looked at me and said, “They are taking Ozempic. It’s the new kid on the block meant for handling diabetes.” None of them have diabetes. Today, they all have faces that just look…skeletal. It’s weird. Wife again told me “It’s being dubbed the term Ozempic Face.”

My wife works at a clinic. When we went to their company Christmas party last year I noticed many of them had lost weight. I looked at my wife and said, “Wow! Good for them! I don’t know how they are doing it with their schedules, but good for them.” She looked at me and said, “They are taking Ozempic. It’s the new kid on the block meant for handling diabetes.” None of them have diabetes. Today, they all have faces that just look…skeletal. It’s weird. Wife again told me “It’s being dubbed the term Ozempic Face.”

That doesn't surprise me. Stuff kills your appetite. I don't get people taking something for diabetes when you don't have it for weight loss. Very desperate and unhealthy.

Reactions: zhangliao04 and tbh
That doesn't surprise me. Stuff kills your appetite. I don't get people taking something for diabetes when you don't have it for weight loss. Very desperate and unhealthy.

They have also been approved to treat obesity. It also helps prevent heart disease and diabetes from happening.

If it helps someone drop some weight, great. Better than staying obese. These drugs are everywhere now days and appear to be very useful for many people.

Reactions: YankeeVol

I've never heard of veggie spirals as a pasta replacement. I'll have to check that out.

Reactions: SDV
I've never heard of veggie spirals as a pasta replacement. I'll have to check that out.
They’re not that bad, especially if it’s covered with pasta sauce etc. I usually get them at Albertsons (owned by Kroger I believe) and Sprouts

Rebound weight once they come off will hit hard for a good portion. My wife knows a few that has had great success with it and a few that has had pancreatitis with it. Synthetic products in the body usually don’t end well in long term use. More and more studies are coming out in regards to blindness and other adverse side effects.

Reactions: Pennheel

VN Store

Back