Names of interest to replace Jerry Mack

unfortunately these last two names don't light up as much excitement in me as the other 3 do..

Not saying these 2 from Cincy/UL... aren't good RB coaches and could be good recruiters, but those are guys are more impressive and proven to me. I think the others are better fits.

But still got this feeling were gonna land really good coaches with the 2 openings.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
A waitress at Cracker Barrel at Kodak overheard talk at a table Vols coaches were seated. The Heup will do something weird, in my book. He will hire John Wozniak as RB coach. I don't like it because the guy bounces from school to school practically annually. But the waitress claims Josh said the guy has ties all over the country, including the South. That he is a decent TE coach as well as a RB coach. Got special teams experience too. I still don't like it, plus the waitress might be lying. She has two brass rings in her tongue pierces. So she might have been mumbling in pain rather than repeating what Heupel said at the table. But I gave her a $15 tip anyway. Because she brewed and served me Black Rifle BB coffee I brought with me and sneaked to her. Good gal.

Oh football season, where art thou???????????????

Last edited:
Chris Barclay, RB coach from Louisville was a new name Ryan Callahan dropped today.
Don't know why Barclay would want to leave his situation.
Guy has been with Brohm since his WKU days, is a Louisville native (graduated both high school and college there), is loved by the current fan base, and is on a team that is being built to be an ACC/CFP contender.

He's not leaving UL.

Guy has been with Brohm since his WKU days, is a Louisville native (graduated both high school and college there), is loved by the current fan base, and is on a team that is being built to be an ACC/CFP contender.

He's not leaving UL.
Your post makes perfect sense. But, but, but, uh
1708269204061.png

I had never heard of Mack or Jean-Mary before they were hired. I bet I have never heard of the replacements. Both coaches will be replaced so that will be the next domino to fall.

He's not leaving UL.
You are correct that he went to Male for HS, but I thought he played for Clawson at WF?

Agree that he may be a tough pull, he’s been with Brohm for 7 years and three different schools.

You are correct that he went to Male for HS, but I thought he played for Clawson at WF?

Agree that he may be a tough pull, he’s been with Brohm for 7 years and three different schools.
Mea culpa there BB.
He is a WF graduate...read his bio and didn't realize he led the ACC in rushing 3 straight years...the same years Clemson had Etienne at RB.

Also, this guy has coached up.some.serious talent too. It would be a tough pull, but Heupel could it would be an amazing addition/upgrade.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I’m far more interested in who we’re getting at linebacker. We already know we’re scoring points, but we’ve gotta improve on defense if we truly wanna be championship level.

This. So much this.

At RB coach anyone can do it that is a decent coach...ala Chris Weinke...recruiting is most important.

As far as the LB coach: he better be able to coach and develop or our entire defense will get gashed all season. See: Gators game last season. Coach BJM actually COULD coach but we had rookies in there at LB in the swamp which hadnt had time to develop and they ran it right down our throats and especially KILLED us in the short passing game where LBs need to cover, and QB scrambles/designed runs. We lost at UF for 2 reasons...1 on each side of the ball.

1. Rookie LB getting owned

2. Coop was hurt and his backup got run over on almost every snap.

It was ugly. We need a good LB coach and fast. I have zero doubts though that CJH and Banks will make a good hire. Both of their livelihoods will somewhat depend on it.

GO VOLS

Josh drives some of the media crazy as he reveals very little and runs a tight ship. Anyway I kind of like his approach and the tenures of Jerry Mack and Jean-Mary were successful and not from within the typical pool of SEC assistants that make the rounds. The success of Alex Golesh illustrates the value that working for Josh Heupel can have for quality assistants. It is definitely a rare thing to have a Heisman runner-up be a successful head coach and now Tennessee has had two with Josh and Johnny Majors.

Wonder if anyone wants a part of Heupels past....Randy Shannon LB coach and Anthony Tucker RB coach from UCF?

Reactions: Deebowbear
Not worried about it, anyway we weren’t that good on defense. I’m sure he hires average defensive coaches to go with out below average secondary coach.

Not worried about it, anyway we weren’t that good on defense. I’m sure he hires average defensive coaches to go with out below average secondary coach.
I really really hope our entire secondary, but especially our NEW CB’s turn it up so I can ridicule all of these folks that have overloaded their butts with an all time OBNOXIOUSLY REDUNDANT campaign on this guy. Athletic fits MIGHT get it done. Would really like to see the crawfishing efforts.

Wonder if anyone wants a part of Heupels past....Randy Shannon LB coach and Anthony Tucker RB coach from UCF?
Doubt Heupel would hire Shannon. The word out of UCF was that Shannon was forced on Heupel and they didn't get along because Shannon never respected Heupel as his boss.

VN Store

Back