Nancy Pelosi the hypocrite

whats with that face ?
12102017_sexual-harassment-pelosis-d8201_c0-125-2977-1860_s885x516.jpg

Prunes

Antifa?

Edit: seriously, there were people in tactical gear ready to storm the Capitol, there were attacks on specific gates and entrances, security fought them for awhile then stood aside (obviously they had a choice of opening fire on other Americans or backing down), this wasn't a non-violent act of civil disobedience.

Funny thing, though. Those people in the scary tactical gear were unarmed, and the "defenders" had guns ... in fact, one of them took the opportunity to use his.

You mean like the questions people have about election security?
I don't care what your beef is, Congress is our elected legislative body and trying to prevent them from acting is a crime. Sure, some people don't believe that the election was legitimate (I take issue with that), but just because you're protesting doesn't mean you're free from consequences. Thoreau, Ghandi, MLK, Rosa Parks, et al understood there were consequences to committing criminal acts for their cause. On the other hand, it seems like the Capitol Cosplayers think they can do what they want with impunity, because they think their cause is righteous.

Reactions: volfanhill
Funny thing, though. Those people in the scary tactical gear were unarmed, and the "defenders" had guns ... in fact, one of them took the opportunity to use his.
Based in the videos/pics I've seen, some of the cops would have been justified in using their weapons and they used discretion. There were a lot of folks who weren't mainly peaceful and didn't stay within the velvet ropes. I've posted pics previously.

I don't care what your beef is, Congress is our elected legislative body and trying to prevent them from acting is a crime. Sure, some people don't believe that the election was legitimate (I take issue with that), but just because you're protesting doesn't mean you're free from consequences. Thoreau, Ghandi, MLK, Rosa Parks, et al understood there were consequences to committing criminal acts for their cause. On the other hand, it seems like the Capitol Cosplayers think they can do what they want with impunity, because they think their cause is righteous.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

This was far more peaceable than the left's summer of free speech. The capital protestors were for once actually assembling to address "the government". Unfortunately for the protestors they were from the wrong side of the tracks; congress has been disrupted by leftists several times without much discontent.

This was far more peaceable than the left's summer of free speech. The capital protestors were for once actually assembling to address "the government". Unfortunately for the protestors they were from the wrong side of the tracks; congress has been disrupted by leftists several times without much discontent.
That was not a "peaceable" assembly or a petition. I've denounced the Portland protestors multiple times as well.

Reactions: volfanhill
That was not a "peaceable" assembly or a petition. I've denounced the Portland protestors multiple times as well.

No, it wasn't peaceable, but it was much more so than the riots that seemed to have little message except that of destruction. Congress has determined it is above the people; if this is what it takes for a wakeup call, I'd be happy with more of it. Congress is not of the people, by the people, and most certainly not for the people. There are two major fallacies in the concept - professional, lifetime members of congress and the fact that citizens have virtually no input. You are "represented" by three of 535 legislators, so in essence your voice heard by "your representative" is meaningless. It would matter less if the federal government hadn't seized control from the states.

Reactions: 508mikey
No, it wasn't peaceable, but it was much more so than the riots that seemed to have little message except that of destruction. Congress has determined it is above the people; if this is what it takes for a wakeup call, I'd be happy with more of it. Congress is not of the people, by the people, and most certainly not for the people. There are two major fallacies in the concept - professional, lifetime members of congress and the fact that citizens have virtually no input. You are "represented" by three of 535 legislators, so in essence your voice heard by "your representative" is meaningless. It would matter less if the federal government hadn't seized control from the states.
When was the last time you voted for a non incumbent or a non member of "your" party? We are the problem.

Based in the videos/pics I've seen, some of the cops would have been justified in using their weapons and they used discretion. There were a lot of folks who weren't mainly peaceful and didn't stay within the velvet ropes. I've posted pics previously.
Only If all those stored had velvet ropes.

When was the last time you voted for a non incumbent or a non member of "your" party? We are the problem.

You mean wasted a vote? Our political choices are two - vote for someone you want to win (if there is such an animal) or against the one you least want representing you. Do you see a change coming in that? I don't - primarily because politicians are playing us - dividing us for their own benefit, and they have no intention of letting an independent or a new face bump an incumbent. I used to vote for independents pretty regularly, but currently there's no benefit in doing so.

One additional thought. I really wish we could vote against someone. That's clearly different than having to vote for something "better". It would also send a message that people don't see the choices as acceptable. However, since our election system obviously can't manage to count simple positive integer values, that would make it way too complex ... those -1's are really tricky even if the super sophisticated, proprietary software doesn't have to deal in square roots or other mathematical fantasies not involving simple addition of integer values.

VN Store

Back