NBC Sports article "Do Tennessee fans want Bruce Pearl back?"

UT beat UF and they rolled over there with other players. The entire town was partying.

oh so this was the first time Bruce had done this and he never hoped to gain an advantage. I see now

so why not just report it the next day and be done with it?

Reactions: 2 people
then what was the purpose of having them there?

The sad part is that if Pearl was still coach, he could now host Jrs at his house because the rule has been changed. So, essentially the NCAA changed their own stupid rule, but got Pearl fired over lying about it.

Reactions: 1 person
oh so this was the first time Bruce had done this and he never hoped to gain an advantage. I see now

so why not just report it the next day and be done with it?

players have always gone to coaches homes. It's usually on the down low and nobody cares.
And it's not even a damn rule anymore.

What's the chances that this was the plan all along. Remember, Pearl recommended CCM. Was it really to just keep his seat warm for him? Pearl was the most exciting thing to take place on the hill with men's b ball since the Ernie and Bernie show. The athletic dept would be even more foolish than our last group, if they don't nail him down ASAP. That is, if it's not already done! Was this all just part of his punishment? Why would he stay in Knoxville? Why take a job here in a food buisness?

Sorry...this almost turned into an episode of Unsolved Mysteries.:ermm:

Or clue game. Professor pearl in the backyard with a spatula did it.

Well we know what can be said about ifs and buts. The thing is he didn't get thrown under the bus by UT, he felt he was above the school, the players, and the fans because he thought he could lie about a little olé cookout and get away with it. I really really liked BP as our coach, but I believe he doesn't deserve to coach at our great school now, jmo. It's not just about winning, it's winning without anyone being able to say you had to cheat to win.

Then Fulmer was cheater and Pat Summitt and CCM are all cheaters as well because all have committed secondary violations. Fulmer and co. even gave up a schollie or two due to some recruiting violations.

Would you care to know how many other coaches at other programs have committed NCAA recruiting violations? You probably don't care to know but I suppose under your theory - they are all cheaters!!!

players have always gone to coaches homes. It's usually on the down low and nobody cares.

Steroids weren't against the rules when some baseball players used them, but they're still not going to be in the HOF. Whether or not it is still a rule is completely irrelevant. It was illegal when it happened.

whether it's a rule now is irrelevant. Pearl knew full well that what was happening was against the rules. He also knew it was a small violation if he just came clean the next day. The actions he took point to either a guy trying to gain an advantage or one who figured the rules didn't really apply. Just trying to figure out which one it is

Steroids weren't against the rules when some baseball players used them, but they're still not going to be in the HOF. Whether or not it is still a rule is completely irrelevant. It was illegal when it happened.

Steroids are illegal in America so yes they were illegal.

give me a break with the terrible analogy. Shooting up PED's v a bbq.

VN has some damn ignorant and naïve posters.

Then Fulmer was cheater and Pat Summitt and CCM are all cheaters as well because all have committed secondary violations. Fulmer and co. even gave up a schollie or two due to some recruiting violations.

Would you care to know how many other coaches at other programs have committed NCAA recruiting violations? You probably don't care to know but I suppose under your theory - they are all cheaters!!!

how many others claimed ignorance when shown a picture of their house? Had Bruce just accepted the secondary violation he gets away clean

whether it's a rule now is irrelevant. Pearl knew full well that what was happening was against the rules. He also knew it was a small violation if he just came clean the next day. The actions he took point to either a guy trying to gain an advantage or one who figured the rules didn't really apply. Just trying to figure out which one it is

Why don't we hire him back so we can find out?

is it breaking news to you that coaches push the envelope and break ridiculous ncaa rules to try to gain an advantage?

That's what secondary violations are and every school gets them. That means every coach is cheating and should be fired in the eyes of some here.

The issue I see is some are aware of what goes on in college sports and some are clueless.

then what was the purpose of having them there?

I consider cheating to win as buying players, altering transcripts to get them in school, changing grades to keep them eligible, etc. All the BBQ was was a minor infraction that likely occurs at most all schools. That, alone, would have not resulted in a whimper by the NCAA and it is now legal.

I consider cheating to win as buying players, altering transcripts to get them in school, changing grades to keep them eligible, etc. All the BBQ was was a minor infraction that likely occurs at most all schools. That, alone, would have not resulted in a whimper by the NCAA and it is now legal.

oh so you want to talk about Ramar Smith instead?

give me a break with the terrible analogy. Shooting up PED's v a bbq.

VN has some damn ignorant and naïve posters.

"I think I'm going to turn left on red today because I think it is a dumb rule and don't want to follow it. It's also a wimpy rule compared to drunk driving, so it is ok for me to do it." That's what you sound like with the whole "it's a dumb rule" horse****.

Rules are damn rules. You don't get to pick and choose which you want to follow, no matter how much you try to.

and you don't understand a damn thing about college coaches and athletics.

You want every rule breaker terminated? Fine. No college basketball, football or baseball. Ncaa wouldn't exist. SEC wouldn't exist. How naïve can you be?

is it breaking news to you that coaches push the envelope and break ridiculous ncaa rules to try to gain an advantage?

That's what secondary violations are and every school gets them. That means every coach is cheating and should be fired in the eyes of some here.

The issue I see is some are aware of what goes on in college sports and some are clueless.

having them to his house is a secondary. Lying to the face of the NCAA is not. There's pushing the limits and then there's outright stupidity

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back