'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

thought we were trending here?
The Vols continue to push to get David Sanders and Josh Petty into town for a January or early February junior day. If the Vols get good news on MacIntyre then we expect him to be heavily involved in the chase for both as well as several wide receivers.
-VQ

I guess you forget Wright, Morris (he couldn’t stay) Smith

Clemson has been notorious for below average OL development despite being in the top 10 the last 10 yrs.

Nope didn’t forget them.

Clemson has had 4 OL drafted since 2020.

UT has had 4 (if you count Morris but that seems weird to do?) OL drafted since 2020.

So like I said, about the same number of OL draftees the last few years.

Nope didn’t forget them.

UT has had 4 (if you count Morris but that seems weird to do?) OL drafted since 2020.

Clemson has been a NC contender for the last 10 yrs. Tennessee has been an also ran less 1 season.

Nope didn’t forget them.

Compare their recruiting classes.

We’re talking DEVELOPMENT? How many more highly rated OL were NOT developed at a respectable level? Lends to a more honest conversation.

I’m too lazy to look up the rankings for all their OL from 2016-now. But among the 8 players listed drafted, all four (if including Wanya - still don’t get doing that but for argument’s sake) drafted from UT were 5* in the 247 composite ranked in the top 28 players in the country.

I think of their 4 drafted that there was one 5*, one 4*, two 3*.

But you are correct that there could be more highly rated dudes they’ve had that didn’t get developed and I totally understand that argument.

We kinda got behind when Dooley decided to go against recruiting anybody for the line. Odd he hasnt been heard from in a while.
We had some seriously awful OL coaches, too. I feel for guys like Jack Jones and Drew Richmond. I’m sure there are others. But they had NFL upside, and our coaches + S&C absolutely ruined their chances. We’ve turned a corner for sure, but it’s been a brutal stretch.

VN Store

Back