Ncaa Football

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 11, 2005 1:03 AM
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

:lol: :angry:

It goes both ways. I can live with a replay going against us, but nothing is more frustrating than a missed call going against us and if instant replay can stop alot of that, I'm for it.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Feb 11, 2005 12:58 AM
Yeah, we were getting the things that we needed in that game in order to win it. Turnovers being one of them. I just have to wonder what might have been if we could have jumped on that fumble in the endzone after Caddy let it go. That could have changed the game up some. All in all though, those penalties killed us, if not for all of those, we could have won it no doubt.

If those two TD's had counted and weren't called back on BS penalties and we recovered that fumble...We win the game... :D But you can't go by what ifs in sports....It's our year this year :pimp:

Couple things about replay and penalties...

I think replay is a good idea as well. I like the idea of it being initiated from the booth only.

One of the important things though, is that replay has no effect on the calling or non-calling of penalties. We had our share of makes and breaks this year on calls. If you go back and watch the last drive of the UGA game, the OL for UGA was blatantly holding on every play. It was sickening to watch DT's being tackled from behind and nothing being called.

The only thing about replay being initiated from the booth is any true college football fan knows there is a penalty on EVERY play of EVERY game and they could extend the game forever if they call them all. Who's to say the replay refs can't screw it up as well as the ones on the field. Let them play the game.

VN Store

Back