NCAA Penalty

Nocleats

Does anyone remember what NCAA Penalty Tennessee is under this month as part of the Willie Mack Garza thing under Kiffins watch?.. I seem to recall that Tennessee has some recruiting restrictions this month because of it.:unsure:

Weren't the restrictions worded in a way that for the most part applied to Dooley and his staff? I seem to remember a loophole on a few things.

This thread should be deleted, I'm sorry but just don't need any bad vibes with all the good going on

Reactions: 7 people
Fellow VN members, nocleats is a sh!T stirring ga troll, and the MODS should BAN this P.O.S. He musta got banned from GVX for pulling the same sht!T. :angry: :bad: :nono:

Reactions: 1 person
tennessee self imposed the harshest penalty on a university since smu received the death penalty.

they hired derek dooley to run the tennessee football program for three years.

not since notre dame hired gerry faust has any school self imposed such a harsh penalty.

Reactions: 27 people
This thread should be deleted, I'm sorry but just don't need any bad vibes with all the good going on

Oh Christ...................

Do you mean that we can never do wrong now because of all the "good" going on? Come on.

tennessee self imposed the harshest penalty on a university since smu received the death penalty.

They hired derek dooley to run the tennessee football program for three years.

Not since notre dame hired gerry faust has any school self imposed such a harsh penalty.

lol

not since notre dame hired gerry faust has any school self imposed such a harsh penalty.

Don't leave out Mike Dubois or Ron Zook

Actually, OP, it is an interesting question. I thought that had died in the 11/12 year. They put a limit on visitations didn't they? Don't know if that has been served fully yet.

Don't leave out Mike Dubois or Ron Zook

mike debose won an sec title.

and while he's the punch line of a lot of jokes, ron zook coached illinois to a rose bowl and had winning seasons at florida beating some quality opponents while he was the coach. plus, the dude could flat out recruit.

you give me a choice between ron zook and derek dooley and i take ron zook without any hesitation.

Reactions: 5 people
NCAA imposes more sanctions on UT for Kiffin-era infractions

This makes it sound like it's mostly over:

The NCAA handed down new sanctions against the University of Tennessee related to infractions involving former assistant coach Willie Mack Garza during the 2009 season.

Garza coached on the staff of head coach Lane Kiffin.

The penalties include:

Public reprimand and censure.
1. A two-year extension of the probation period imposed in the August 2011 report from August 24, 2013 through August 23, 2015. Still on probation for two years. Just have to keep our noses clean.
2. Three-year show-cause order for the former assistant coach. The public report contains further details. He isn't here anymore.
3. The current football staff is limited to hosting 47 official visits for the 2012-13 academic year. Not here anymore.
4. Reduction of evaluation days by four (from 168 to 164) by the current football staff during the spring 2012 evaluation period. Sounds like this one is done.
5. For football unofficial visits during the fall of 2013, no complimentary tickets may be provided to visiting prospective student-athletes for the first two conference games of the season. Wonder if they are trying to get this one lifted based on the "current coaching staff" language of the other penalties.

and while he's the punch line of a lot of jokes, ron zook coached illinois to a rose bowl and had winning seasons at florida beating some quality opponents while he was the coach. plus, the dude could flat out recruit.

you give me a choice between ron zook and derek dooley and i take ron zook without any hesitation.

100% agree but I would take Captain Kangaroo over DD

If you think about it.....this could be spun into a big "conspiracy theory" type story...CDD comes in to a program not only on the ropes but with both knees on the mat, begins a rebuilding program, the AD responsible for all the BS, football, basketball, and baseball, is fired, he stays long enough for all the sanctions from the NCAA to get levied and levied against his staff, then Hart takes him aside and says, "Dools, you gave it your all, you took the bullet for us, now you are rich. C'ya." CBJ comes in with basically a clean slate from the NCAA and gets on with the actual rebuild that isn't going to take as long now that the NCAA is off our backs and CDD at least got some decent players on roster.

Just a cool story bro......but kinds funny in a way. We tend to forget that there was a bunch of crap going on with the NCAA whilst CDD was here.

Good post OP. Tuesday morning though provocation to say the least.

Fellow VN members, nocleats is a sh!T stirring ga troll, and the MODS should BAN this P.O.S. He musta got banned from GVX for pulling the same sht!T. :angry: :bad: :nono:

Is he a dawg trying to stir something up, look like he would have enough up on the dawg board dont they lead the country in arrest during the of season for the last 5 seasons,:)

Debose, Zook, and Shula were leagues better than Dooley.

Dooley vs Mike Shula...tossup????

VN Store

Back