NCAA Penalty

Shula managed a 10 win season.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Ok, point taken. But it's Bama's hiring of Shula instead of Sylvester Croom that seems to get a lot of the blame for the demise of the football program.

But if Shula exceeded expectations, then I stand corrected...

Ok, point taken. But it's Bama's hiring of Shula instead of Sylvester Croom that seems to get a lot of the blame for the demise of the football program.

There are a wide variety of choices between exceeding expectations and being Derek Dooley.

Reactions: 1 person

I think exceeding expectations is WAY more than I was getting at. Just pointing out that even Shula isn't on the same level as the Dooley debacle.

There are a wide variety of choices between exceeding expectations and being Derek Dooley.

Ok 99, I'll give you that lol. But, after his coaching tenure, I don't see Shula being seen as a bright shining memory for many Bama fans...

I brought up Shula mainly just to add another name to the "disappointing coaches"list.

Maybe we should check to see if there were any ties between those who hired Faust, and those involved in the Dooley coaching search...

Maybe Hamilton had just finished reading "Football Coaching for Dummies", and Dooley came to mind...

I think exceeding expectations is WAY more than I was getting at. Just pointing out that even Shula isn't on the same level as the Dooley debacle.

Ok we'll agree on that point LOL.

His 4 yr record at Bama was 4-9, 6-6, 10-2, 6-6...and he was 1-3 against UT. So to your point, Shula was not as bad as Dooley...just had a similar feel I suppose.

Does anyone remember what NCAA Penalty Tennessee is under this month as part of the Willie Mack Garza thing under Kiffins watch?.. I seem to recall that Tennessee has some recruiting restrictions this month because of it.:unsure:

This is where I think the NCAA is way wrong about these things. If a coach does something wrong and get's the place where he is coaching at into trouble. Well he can go his merry way and coach elsewhere and no NCAA penalty. I think it should follow the coach that commited the penalty. :hi:

This is where I think the NCAA is way wrong about these things. If a coach does something wrong and get's the place where he is coaching at into trouble. Well he can go his merry way and coach elsewhere and no NCAA penalty. I think it should follow the coach that commited the penalty. :hi:

That's exactly what they did.

Maybe this will clear things up:

Auburn loves handing out money under the table.
The NCAA loves money.

The NCAA loves Auburn.

Clear now?

Crystal

Attachments

• spt-illu-110830-bcs-trophy-327p.jpg
    spt-illu-110830-bcs-trophy-327p.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1
Ala hired Shula as their fall guy. They had so many NCAA penalties that they knew they wouldn't be good for 4-5 yrs, so they hired a "name" coach to lead them thru their lean years with every intention of firing him after the penalties ran out...if he happened to succeed, great! If not, they had a built-in excuse to fire him, which is exactly what happened. Their sneaky, conniving minds had it all figured out & when Saban came in, it worked out better for them than even they ever dreamt of! ...what goes around, comes around though, so look for their reign to end.

mike debose won an sec title.

and while he's the punch line of a lot of jokes, ron zook coached illinois to a rose bowl and had winning seasons at florida beating some quality opponents while he was the coach. plus, the dude could flat out recruit.

you give me a choice between ron zook and derek dooley and i take ron zook without any hesitation.

if we are going to make a list of coaches we would take over Dooley then prepare yourself for a long read

Is he a dawg trying to stir something up, look like he would have enough up on the dawg board dont they lead the country in arrest during the of season for the last 5 seasons,:)

He is only distracting from the fact that UGA is in constant contention for the Fulmer Cup. Since UT never won the Fulmer Cup then need to change the name of it to the Reicht Cup.

Ala hired Shula as their fall guy. They had so many NCAA penalties that they knew they wouldn't be good for 4-5 yrs, so they hired a "name" coach to lead them thru their lean years with every intention of firing him after the penalties ran out...if he happened to succeed, great! If not, they had a built-in excuse to fire him, which is exactly what happened. Their sneaky, conniving minds had it all figured out & when Saban came in, it worked out better for them than even they ever dreamt of! ...what goes around, comes around though, so look for their reign to end.

So this is why we hired Dooley after Kiffie?

So this is why we hired Dooley after Kiffie?

If you think about it.....this could be spun into a big "conspiracy theory" type story...CDD comes in to a program not only on the ropes but with both knees on the mat, begins a rebuilding program, the AD responsible for all the BS, football, basketball, and baseball, is fired, he stays long enough for all the sanctions from the NCAA to get levied and levied against his staff, then Hart takes him aside and says, "Dools, you gave it your all, you took the bullet for us, now you are rich. C'ya." CBJ comes in with basically a clean slate from the NCAA and gets on with the actual rebuild that isn't going to take as long now that the NCAA is off our backs and CDD at least got some decent players on roster.

Just a cool story bro......but kinds funny in a way. We tend to forget that there was a bunch of crap going on with the NCAA whilst CDD was here.

Good post OP. Tuesday morning though provocation to say the least.

as I said.....

Does anyone remember what NCAA Penalty Tennessee is under this month as part of the Willie Mack Garza thing under Kiffins watch?.. I seem to recall that Tennessee has some recruiting restrictions this month because of it.:unsure:

TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

:eek:k:

TENNESSEEDUKE

Barack Hussein Obama

GORGE WALKER BUSH..... started a war and and stole hundreds of millions of dollars from tax payers through contractors like Haliburton, blackwater , and numerous other contractors and cronnies. You REPUBLICANS are the biggest Hypocrites on earth. WTF is you people's problem. :loco: :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back