NCAA task force Recommends Removing Minimum Standardized Test Scores In Effort To Advance Racial equity

We agree. I have colleagues who went through **** schools and had the grit and tenacity to work through and out of it. I went to a small rural system (Soddy), as did my first cousins (Sequoyah Co.). Two of us have PhDs, one of us has a DO and her own practice. All three of us are first generation college students. We had parents kicking our asses to take advantage of every opportunity that came our way.

Some of these kids, though... Remember Nu'Keese Richardson from Kiffin's year? His community told him not to worry much about grades because his athletic ability would get him through (saw that on ESPN before I cut the cord). Go back and watch Last Chance U and listen to what several of those players had to say about people encouraging them to skate by and not holding them to account.

When I was at Jefferson County, a running back moved from JeffCo to Alcoa because a teacher wouldn't artificially inflate a test grade for him.

It takes a village to raise a child. It takes a village to royal **** one over, too.

Regarding Nu'Keese, there is literally nothing in Pahokee, FL other than sugar cane fields, a prison, and football. Sometimes when you take a kid out of their environment and put them in a "big city" such as Knoxville, they will do whatever they can to sabotage themselves. It's not about talent, it's about comfort. It's sad to see a kid with that much talent waste it.

Reactions: AshG

VN Store

Back