'22 ND Transfer TE Holden Staes (Tennessee)

“Tennessee won out because of their need at the tight end position, the vacancy in the room and how they see me as a top guy that can come in and do big things,” Staes told On3. “I went up there on my visit and saw a great opportunity at Tennessee. I felt comfortable with the coaches, I trusted them and I liked their plan for me.

“Tennessee is a very powerful brand too. I took visits, I listened to a lot of schools and I made the best decision. They have a great plan and that is why I am going with Tennessee.”

“The offense at Tennessee is very different from the one at Notre Dame. They spread the ball around, they do a lot in the passing game, but they are also are very physical and assertive in the run game.

“It is a very versatile offense, it is very balanced and it is a good fit for me. I am a tight end who can be physical and block, then get out and help as a receiver in the passing game. That offense really fits me.”
-On3

Staes raved about his weekend visit to Knoxville to GoVols247 insider Ryan Callahan.

“I would say three things I loved the most were just the opportunity I could see here, the value that it is close to home. Getting with the coaching staff, really enjoyed all the guys on the offensive side of the ball, just seeing what they do on film with the tight ends. And, obviously, the environment that Tennessee has to offer, just playing in a huge stadium, playing in front of a huge crowd and, obviously, (playing) meaningful games in the SEC.”

VN Store

Back