'22 ND Transfer TE Holden Staes (Tennessee)

That’s where he was reportedly practicing when he got injured. Now that’s not to say he can’t be a guy who swings inside and out, like a Tyre West. But that was my understanding.
This is all accurate…and I apologize for being a jerk earlier…correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t they moving him back and forth between SDE and 3-tech…seems like they were figuring out where to put him then he got hurt and delayed that process…regardless of which spot he plays the most, I think he’s going to be a beast…I honestly thought he was underrated by the recruiting services

This is all accurate…and I apologize for being a jerk earlier…correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t they moving him back and forth between SDE and 3-tech…seems like they were figuring out where to put him then he got hurt and delayed that process…regardless of which spot he plays the most, I think he’s going to be a beast…I honestly thought he was underrated by the recruiting services
He was, although he was bumped to 4* status late in the process. Because recruiting services make it up on the fly most of the time.

I do think he was going to gain weight and be more of a 3-tech, but if he doesn’t, he’ll just be a heavier SDE. He was about Baron’s height/weight coming in. So if he stays at that size and has some twitch to him, perhaps he can fill that role at SDE.

Either way, we need some young guys to develop at both positions. At SDE, we lose Bailey after next year. And at DT, we lose Thomas, Eason, ONL, and Simmons after next year. So we need Hobbs, Weathersby, West, Jenkins, and a few others to develop to feel good about the DL in 2025. Might be adding Jamal Wallace and/or Kamari Copeland to that group.

And apology accepted. I’ve been the target of much worse. 😉

VN Store

Back