Neal and Lane are quality running backs

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
And I'm not just saying this based on the AP game. They still have a bit of "cut-back/dancing when they should just plow forward" issues, but I think they are going to get it done this season. I really think we will see them in beast mode next week.

Neal is running with purpose. I think it was the first carry yesterday he almost went down, but instead he spun his way back up and dove forward for extra yardage.

We will be a running team this year and I honestly think we will have the backs to do it. And running well will keep the defenses honest enough that Worley won't have to shock the world for us to have a good season.

Reactions: 2 people
And I'm not just saying this based on the AP game. They still have a bit of "cut-back/dancing when they should just plow forward" issues, but I think they are going to get it done this season. I really think we will see them in beast mode next week.

Neal is running with purpose. I think it was the first carry yesterday he almost went down, but instead he spun his way back up and dove forward for extra yardage.

We will be a running team this year and I honestly think we will have the backs to do it. And running well will keep the defenses honest enough that Worley won't have to shock the world for us to have a good season.

I was impressed with Neal's running. He was like an eighteen wheeler on an incline.

Both are quality, neither is special. Here's hoping, and believing, that both Hurd and Paulk are special.

Reactions: 1 person
I liked Poole a lot. I wouldn't say better or worse. Lateral move going from Poole to Neal.

Poole and Neal are about the same when it comes to making the first guy miss and reading the correct cut. However, Neal is much faster, so he gets the nod.

Reactions: 2 people
I wasn't too impressed with Neal's 1st run. He hit the hole nicely then turned 90 degrees for some reason. After that he did well.

Glad to see tom smith get some touches. Had hoped to see a little more production in his runs tho. May have been because he was running with the 2nd string O line.

Summerhill really impressed me running behind the 2nd string OL. He seems to have a really quick burst and is very shifty.. I'd like to see him get worked into the rotation regularly..

We have a number of RBs that are solid but nothing incredible. With our Oline and stable of back we should be able to run effectively the majority of this year.

If worley can be consistent enough to punish teams for stacking the box we may score some points this year

I wasn't too impressed with Neal's 1st run. He hit the hole nicely then turned 90 degrees for some reason. After that he did well.

Looking to catch a block and get to the sideline. Sometimes it will work... sometimes not. But he did not appear to give up any yards he would have made to do it... so nothing really to complain about.

On the screen pass, Neal tried too hard to keep it inside. If he had cut to the outside, that would have been a huge play.

I am waiting to see how they compare to the 2 backs from WK, we'll know more after this comming Saturday as well as the following Saturday.

Think you may be singing a different tune when we start playing quality defenses.

Think you may be singing a different tune when we start playing quality defenses.

You realize we've seen them play quality defenses several times right? I have always thought they were solid backs and I feel like they better and are running harder this year.

Hence the whole "I'm not just basing this on last night's game" thing I said.

Reactions: 1 person
On the screen pass, Neal tried too hard to keep it inside. If he had cut to the outside, that would have been a huge play.

Seems like Neal will be getting some coaching around the decision/reaction around the choice to flatten a run out (attempting to outrun pursuers) or cut it downfield taking them on. Kind of a nice issue as this decision seems like it is presenting once Neal has broken into the second level.

This. He screwed that up and it is my ongoing concern with him. He routinely does not get as much out of a play as you would expect upon seeing the play develop.

Lane is the closest thing we have to an SEC running back. Our O-line makes Neal look decent, but he is just a faster Jamie Harper.

VN Store

Back