Neal and Lane are quality running backs

Neal is built like a cannonball who should blow through defenders, but he doesn't.
Lane has more modest speed and build, but fights and moves defenders much better

I'm glad we just practiced the same play over and over. Now next week we can add a couple wrinkles to it and throw in a few new plays. By the time we get to Florida we should have most of the playbook in action

"And I'm not just saying this based on the AP game".

Then just what are you basing it on,,,,last year? AP is one of the worst teams in the country. Nothing can be taken from that game.

Reactions: 1 person
I think your a dedicated Vol fan, but don't you think we should wait until we play better compitition before claiming Neal and Lane are quality SEC backs. The question is, will you still feel the same after October?

Last edited:
"And I'm not just saying this based on the AP game".

Then just what are you basing it on,,,,last year? AP is one of the worst teams in the country. Nothing can be taken from that game.

I think your a dedicated Vol fan, but don't you think we should wait until we play better compitition before claiming Neal and Lane are quality SEC backs. The question is, will you still feeal the same after October?

I am basing it on last year (which wasnt stunning but wasnt a bad year for our backs), the O & W game, what I've seen and heard from practice, and last nights game.

As for the October question..... I think I will yes

I think Neal did a good job today. He seems to be getting better about taking contact and keep moving. Not as good as Lane is on that part but I believe they fill each others weakness. If Neal would play more aggressive and try to run over anyone, we'd have us a great back. But overall, I feel like we can get both in the thousand yard mark or both close to it. 800+

I like Neal more because he's a touch faster, but they're pretty much equal overall. Lane had a bit better day today. I think they're fine.

Neal is really average. He can take some very well blocked plays and turn them into nothing.

VN Store

Back