Nope

Partial List of Non-Kosher Fish
  • Catfish
  • Eels
  • Freshwater cod
  • Shark
  • Swordfish
  • Sturgeon
DH talks about opening a blues cafe called House of Tref featuring pork ribs and shrimp. I guess he can add catfish to the menu.

I hadn’t thought about catfish being scaleless. I’m just not a fan of catfish period.

I admire people who keep kosher, although we don’t. It’s a way of humbling human desires and instead choosing to be being obedient to the Creator.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
DH talks about opening a blues cafe called House of Tref featuring pork ribs and shrimp. I guess he can add catfish to the menu.

I hadn’t thought about catfish being scaleless. I’m just not a fan of catfish period.

I admire people who keep kosher, although we don’t. It’s a way of humbling human desires and instead choosing to be being obedient to the Creator.
I tell people all the time that I don’t think it makes me some way more righteous and I believe it has nothing to do with salvation. Torah teaches that following G-ds rules will bring you blessings. In the case of eating kosher I think it is simply a matter of being healthy. It makes since to me that the creator would know what you should and shouldn’t eat to live a healthier life.

Anyway, this was a good conversation that started as a joke.

Nice joe.
We have big fish fry every year in my home town. It's been said that they have fried as much as 12000 lbs of catfish in a week
Those big ones are fun to catch, but if I catch to it, I like the 2-3 lb channel cats the best.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
We’ve got a guy who lives up street from us who catfishes at night. That’s his job. That’s all he does. I’m not sure who he sells it too but a lot of catfish in restaurants comes from the Tennessee river north of Chattanooga

VN Store

Back