New ABC graphic SEConABC - Not a fan

Word. The JP Game of the Week was my spirit animal. I get a little misty-eyed thinking about November in the 1990s, which was "JP Game of the Week" month for us Vols - thanks to Tennessee's curious habit of scheduling UK and Vandy at the end of every season.

JP was the perfect amount of seriousness for those sorts of games. You could see what happened on the field, and the Daves knew enough to call the plays, (and were pretty entertaining), and if the scoreboard wasn't quite right, oh well, the game will be over by 2 PM anyway.
We used to end the season with Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vanderbilt. Although that wasn’t Tennessee’s scheduling…that was the SEC’s.

Reactions: WillisWG
They (ABC) really should have bought out the rights to that iconic theme music.
I may get crushed for this, but I am ready for a change. Yes the theme song is iconic and yes it’s associated with some great SEC games. But, prior to Heupel, the last 20 years of that broadcast is associated with a lot of Saturday afternoon disappointments for the Vols made worse by Danielson’s ranting, to the point that I cringe when I hear it. Personally, I am ready for a new era (but better than the current ABC concept).

Absolutely sucks.

I think they give more time to the Gators even than Texas. For sure those are the top two. Meanwhile, the Vols had maybe a TOTAL of 1 second air time.

And the music is dull. Just the same riff, over and over. The song doesn't develop, doesn't go anywhere. CBS' song was hella good, this is awful.

Looks like they let the summer intern put it together. The summer intern from Florida.

Go Vols!

They probably have a lot of Gator and Longhorn alumni working behind the scenes at ABC.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I guess there was no point in negotiating with CBS over "our" intro music. But damn...I'd watch a full season of that played Survivor series just to keep it. CSI:Myrtle Beach...whatever.

I may get crushed for this, but I am ready for a change. Yes the theme song is iconic and yes it’s associated with some great SEC games. But, prior to Heupel, the last 20 years of that broadcast is associated with a lot of Saturday afternoon disappointments for the Vols made worse by Danielson’s ranting, to the point that I cringe when I hear it. Personally, I am ready for a new era (but better than the current ABC concept).
Probably the worst music I have ever heard for football.

VN Store

Back