new basketball recruit....

wow, I just want to know who looked at those and said, "That's it, that's the look we want."

I seen Javi, but if I had to pick from any of the players at the Arbys I would take Wiggins from Greenville. The kid has all the tools plus the size. It is not everyday that you see a 6'7 guy who can play point. He can also shoot the lights out. He has NBA range.

Javi is a great player but I would compare him to Wattad from Science Hill who signed with Georgetown. He just had better talent around him. Krop's whole team was solid from top to bottom. Yes Javi made them better but that went both ways. They also made him better as well.

If Javi is not better than Wiggins then UT is not going to recruit him. Wiggins is not a top top tier SEC player.

I have seen alot of good players at the Arbys over the years and Wiggins rates up there. It is easy to say Wiggins is not a top tier SEC player. But you don't know that. I would trade Tabb, Childress, Passley, or Howell for Wiggins any day of the week.

I have played against Antwaine Wiggins from Grenville. He does have a special talent at being 6-7 with extremely long arms who can drain 3's over anyone.
He's also really athletic and fast for his length.
The only thing that would keep him out of a top tier SEC player is his strength. he can't post up as well as he should but if he went to UT and hit the weightroom hard then he could add about 30 -40 pounds easy. His body is so lean that if he went to any SEC school that he would most likely Red Shirt just to get stronger.

I heard Wiggins is down to Michigan and Miami. That is what some sitting near me at the Arbys said. Did UT even try and recruit this guy?

Tennessee has little basketball talent so just because you dominated here doesnt mean your a great player.

You lost your credibility when you said you would trade Josh Tabb or Wiggins. Wow, there is no way.

Josh Tabb is a shutdown defender capable of being a good offensive threat when he isn't concentrating on defense.

You lost your credibility when you said you would trade Josh Tabb or Wiggins. Wow, there is no way.

I don't know anything about Wiggins, but we certainly wouldn't trade Tabb. He is a man, and think how much better he'll get in the next year or two.

If UT can grab a shooter this year to fill Johnson's spot and then get another shooter or point guard later on, they'll be in great shape for the next couple of years.

You never know how kids are going to turn out. Maybe you all are right.

I guess since we have passed on him he couldn't be any good?

But this guy would eat Josh Tabbs lunch. Then laugh in his face. Nothing agaist Tabb. But Wiggins is twice the player Tabb is.

You say you want a shooter. Well Wiggins is one of the best shooters that I have seen at the Arbys. I've seen Ray Allen, Ricky Moore, Terry Kirby, Lee Humphrey, Willam Avery, the list goes on and on. This kid can ranks right with those guys.

You never know how kids are going to turn out. Maybe you all are right.

I guess since we have passed on him he couldn't be any good?

But this guy would eat Josh Tabbs lunch. Then laugh in his face. Nothing agaist Tabb. But Wiggins is twice the player Tabb is.

You say you want a shooter. Well Wiggins is one of the best shooters that I have seen at the Arbys. I've seen Ray Allen, Ricky Moore, Terry Kirby, Lee Humphrey, Willam Avery, the list goes on and on. This kid can ranks right with those guys.

Wow, haha. Wiggins is not even in Tabb's neighborhood.

Maybe you should contact Bruce Pearl since you, apparently, are much better at evaluating talent. We never even gave Wiggins a second glance and there is a reason for that.

VOL61,

Every SEC coach has scouted and evaluated him and decided not to offer. So basically.....you are saying you have better basketball evaluation skills than every SEC head coach. Man, you should let some of the AD's in the SEC know who you are so they can hire you for the next SEC coaching vacancy.

No, Jackass. I'm not saying that at all. All I am saying is the kid can play.

I guess there hasn't ever been a good player that every school in the SEC has passed on.

You need to learn to read.

No, Jackass. I'm not saying that at all. All I am saying is the kid can play.

I guess there hasn't ever been a good player that every school in the SEC has passed on.

You need to learn to read.

Ok, well just come to grips with the fact he won't be a Vol. Bruce Pearl knows what the hell he's doing.

Nobody said he cant play. I have seen him play multiple times. He is very good. And, yes SEC coachs have passed on players before that turned out to be good. Who knows, maybe he will be one of those. But, it is not likely at this point in his development. You said he was way better than Josh Tabb and that was just a ridiculous statement by someone with a vested interest. I have seen both of them play live, even seen Josh Tabb practice a couple times. Wiggins has a LONG way to go before being in his league.

I fine if he's not a vol. All i said is he is better than a couple of the players we have and he is a good player.

BP is the man!! I love the guy!!

I fine if he's not a vol. All i said is he is better than a couple of the players we have and he is a good player.

BP is the man!! I love the guy!!
we already have a commitment from a player with similar styles in cameron tatum, except tatum is much more tallented.

we already have a commitment from a player with similar styles in cameron tatum, except tatum is much more tallented.

Maybe, I've not seen Tatam. I agree Pearl knows what he is doing and that he wants certain type players for the system he runs. I am not saying Pearl is making a mistake.

Wiggins is a shooter. He would probably need a redshirt year wherever he went to get a little stronger if someone wants him to play inside as well. But he can shoot with the best of them now.

I don't have anything vested with Wiggins. I just seen the kid play. I am no basketball recruiting expert. I don't claim to be. All i know is if it goes in the basket its 2 points and Wiggins knows how to put it in the basket.

there are great shooters all over the country. I haven't seen him play but im willing to bet he is a dime a dozen or our coaches would have recognized him more.

Guys, we need size. We need a back to the basket player besides Crews. Chism could be but he sees himself as some sort of Nowitski. And we all know Childress cant cut it. We need size and we need it quick to compete with the best.

Guys, we need size. We need a back to the basket player besides Crews. Chism could be but he sees himself as some sort of Nowitski. And we all know Childress cant cut it. We need size and we need it quick to compete with the best.

We got some 350 pounder coming in. Maybe he will go on Fulmer's diet, get down to 395 by playing time.

VN Store

Back