NEW COMMITT Gerald Jones From OK

Lemming has him as his #1 CB in the USA

He was a GREAT RB/QB/CB in highschool.

He is our first Rivals.com Top 100 committ in two years.

He has made official visits to Tennessee, Texas Tech

Also had offers from Notre Dame, Florida, Oklahoma and Michigan.

His official visit was the LSU game. Tennesse lost the game, but they gained a HUGE commitment.

Says he is coming in as a receiver.

Says the atmosphere sealed the deal for him.

"I don't see myself taking any more visits, I'm done, I'm committed to Tennessee,"

Hearing that the atmosphere at Tennessee was the clincher is excellent news.

Looks like someone deserves some credit coughFulmercough.

If you were a guy that could play CB or WR and you wanted to play as soon as possible wouldn't you want to play CB? Nice pick up.

Congats to Tennessee... You guys not only picked up a future first day draft pick but also a great student and citizen.. I've been around him everyday for the past 2 years and he is one of the smartest football players I have seen. We have a very complicated offense and he has it mastered.. His up to date stats are 1900 yards passing 23 tds, 1750 rushing and 15 tds.. Defensive stats.. 50 tackles 4 sacks, 2 INT, 2 ff and 3 fr.. 2 punt returns for touchdowns and 1 fumble recovery for a td.. He will start from day 1, he is just that special.. Coach Fulmer is the best coach I have talked to all year, and that is out of Stoops, Gundy, Nutt, Leach and Franchione.. I cant wait until this summer when I can come check out Knoxville and work the Summer camps...

you'll love Knoxville and you can not find a city of nicer people on the planet, there really is such a thing as Southern hospitality

Great to hear Millwood. Its nice to get a great football player/athlete, but its so benficial to a school if that young man is also a good citizen and student.

wow a 285 lb bench @ 185 lbs and a 500 lb squat, that is impressive. What an athlete.

Hopefully this will get some other players to commit. Usually when you get one good player others will follow.

...He is our first Rivals.com Top 100 committ in two years...that explains alot about our recent downturn

Well, what that means is that we didn't have any last year. Remember, in 2004 we had the #1 class in the country.

This idea that we haven't recruited well is a myth, at least so far as the quality of the players considered coming out of high school (sans development and what not).

Yeah, we had one down year, which is sometimes expected after getting the No. 1 class and having so much young talent.

VN Store

Back