NEW COMMITT Gerald Jones From OK

Phil has told him that he wiould play at RB and WR while returning all kicks.. IMO I think he could be one of the best dual threat QB's, but then again I see him throw everyday so I really know how talented he is..If he stays away from the injury bug you guys will only see him for 3 years, but then again that is better than 0 years.... I was hoping Tennessee would jump on one of other WR's that is going to Texas Tech, but that didn't happen..

Phil has told him that he wiould play at RB and WR while returning all kicks.. IMO I think he could be one of the best dual threat QB's, but then again I see him throw everyday so I really know how talented he is..If he stays away from the injury bug you guys will only see him for 3 years, but then again that is better than 0 years.... I was hoping Tennessee would jump on one of other WR's that is going to Texas Tech, but that didn't happen..

Great insight! Thanks alot for stopping in. I guess now though you'll have a reason to become a regular!

Any chance he could become a January enrollee?

We had a couple last year but Michael Goggans switched to Auburn and Jacques McLendon was dropped out of the top 100 *cough*screwjob*cough*. Fisher was also a 5* JUCO.

I just watched the videos on rivals, and this kid is sick......Im kind of worried that he'll try to make to omany plays with his feet. But we'll see what happens......GOOD PICK UP PHIL

Does anyone know what postition he was recruited for?

He says he'll be a receiver.

Jones said he expects to play wide receiver for UT. The Vols have a need at the position with Jayson Swain and Bret Smith graduating and Robert Meachem mulling the possibility of leaving early for the NFL.

Jones said he recognized an opportunity to play early, although he hopes to have Meachem by his side.

"I would like for Meachem to stay to nurture me and bring me up and teach me some things," he said. "But if he doesn't, I look forward to stepping in."

He is our first Rivals.com Top 100 committ in two years.

I guess you could say two years but the truth is no Top 100s in 06.

But in 05
Morley #21
McCoy #38
Scott #50
Crompton #60
Coker #71
NcNeil #79
Hardesty #100.

I just watched the videos on rivals, and this kid is sick......Im kind of worried that he'll try to make to omany plays with his feet. But we'll see what happens......GOOD PICK UP PHIL

uhhhhh, Im kinda worried that he'll try to make to many plays with his elbows.....:)

He is not a 5* because we are 2A in classification. Although its the toughest class in Oklahoma.. Our Non-District games are against 4A teams and our only loss was by 5 points to the team that will win 4A.. I know I am a little biased but I think he is one of the top 10 players in the country.. The highlight film I have put together for him this year is about 30 minutes long.. Those clips you guys are watching are from his Junior year.. He will play WR and Return kickoffs and punts and they might try him out in the backfield.. I think the Coaches know they have to get him the ball as much as they can..

He is not a 5* because we are 2A in classification. Although its the toughest class in Oklahoma.. Our Non-District games are against 4A teams and our only loss was by 5 points to the team that will win 4A.. I know I am a little biased but I think he is one of the top 10 players in the country.. The highlight film I have put together for him this year is about 30 minutes long.. Those clips you guys are watching are from his Junior year.. He will play WR and Return kickoffs and punts and they might try him out in the backfield.. I think the Coaches know they have to get him the ball as much as they can..

Sounds almost as though you were describing Darren McFadden...

He's definately a beast and looks really good with the ball in his hands... He will look even better in orange. :)

I just watched his highlight videos on Rivals...:eek:hmy:

He must have been a pain in the a$$ to play tag with when he was growing up.

VN Store

Back