New Football Commitment

JAllen18

VFL
Daytona Beach (FL), Mainland High School star Antonio Bell has ended speculation and pledged his verbal commitment to the University of Tennessee. The 6’3, 178 lb wide receiver with 4.45 speed called tight end coach Matt Luke at 6:00pm eastern time to share the good news.

Looks like a good pickup. We need to get more football players from Fl.

I know him, and played football with him until I moved

He is a great player. I am glad he is going to the BIG Orange! :rock:

I can't wait until the rivals rankings come out so I can actually see how talented the experts think these kids are gonna be. I know they don't always get it right, but most of the time they are. Does anyone know when the 2008 rankings Rivals100 or 250 come out?

Daytona Beach (FL), Mainland High School star Antonio Bell has ended speculation and pledged his verbal commitment to the University of Tennessee. The 6’3, 178 lb wide receiver with 4.45 speed called tight end coach Matt Luke at 6:00pm eastern time to share the good news.

Looks like a good pickup. We need to get more football players from Fl.
good we could use a potential stud wr

First off he's only a junior. Second off, Briscoe's size isn't his problem: he's the best blocking reciever we have, Briscoe is just too inconsistent with route running and catching.

Briscoe will be a new WR this year...mark it down...

He'll be sitting the bench behind O'Neal, Jones, Rogers, Vinson, Hancock and Taylor. However he'll be in front of Casey Woods, Todd Campbell, Slick Shelley and Ahmad Paige.

Good for him!

Just kidding. He did absolutely nothing in the O&W game. I've had high hopes for him but he's a junior now and he still isn't any better than he was freshman year.

I'm not sure where Rivals or Scout will rank him.

He was a pretty big playmaker for us.
And at Mainland High, its a pretty big stage compared to other High Schools.

Our Seabreeze vs Mainland rivalry brings several thousands of people to the game, to the point most people have to park and ride a shuttle bus to the stadium. It's nothing compared to Neyland ofcourse, but he is use to winning and playing against top talent.

Mainland also has a great coach.
He has placed alot of talent into college, like Buster Davis (All American Linebacker, FSU)

So he is already getting great coaching.

He also played a solid game in the State Semi's last year against Lakeland but lost 35-24.

But Lakeland has 2 straight National Championships.

I'm not sure where Rivals or Scout will rank him.

He was a pretty big playmaker for us.
And at Mainland High, its a pretty big stage compared to other High Schools.

Our Seabreeze vs Mainland rivalry brings several thousands of people to the game, to the point most people have to park and ride a shuttle bus to the stadium. It's nothing compared to Neyland ofcourse, but he is use to winning and playing against top talent.

Mainland also has a great coach.
He has placed alot of talent into college, like Buster Davis (All American Linebacker, FSU)

So he is already getting great coaching.

He also played a solid game in the State Semi's last year against Lakeland but lost 35-24.

But Lakeland has 2 straight National Championships.

Is Lakeland the school that put in like 7 kids to UF this year?

Lakeland Seniors

7 players to Florida
1 player to Alabama
1 player to LSU
1 player to Army
1 player to Jacksonville U.

Lakeland Football

Lakeland has 2 Straight National Titles, and 3 Straight State Titles.

Last team besides Lakeland to win a 5-A Florida State Title was Mainland back in 2003.

Mainland has played in the State Semi's, 3 out of the last 4 years. Two times against Lakeland.

Two pretty dominant teams.

Lakeland Seniors

7 players to Florida
1 player to Alabama
1 player to LSU
1 player to Army
1 player to Jacksonville U.

Lakeland Football

Lakeland has 2 Straight National Titles, and 3 Straight State Titles.

Last team besides Lakeland to win a 5-A Florida State Title was Mainland back in 2003.

Mainland has played in the State Semi's, 3 out of the last 4 years. Two times against Lakeland.

Two pretty dominant teams.

1 player to Tennessee (Art Evans)

VN Store

Back