New Lettering at Neyland

Carolina Orange
After the NCAA basketball tournament game against Texas, a Texas fan referred to Tennessee as "neon orange". I pointed out to him 2 schools add modifiers to their school color, UNC and Texas. UNC does it to describe their light blue shade and Texas does it to keep people from calling their color what it is, brown.

There’s also new signage going up on the east side of the stadium that will say home of the Vols. The sign will be lit and it pays tribute to the past. In the 70’s and 80’s there was a home of the Vols sign on the old press box.

We also still believe that an on field corporate logo is a possibility as well.

-Hubbs

At long last, I'm not alone in my disdain for IPA. For some strange reason, my Shirley likes the stuff. I can gladly down goat milk stout, but I can't stand IPA beer. Though I can tolerate New England IPA.
I'll take a stout over just about anything. I will drink most beer, except an IPA. I never will understand their popularity. We have a local place in Kingsport that has a peanut butter stout sometimes. That"s my current favorite.

After the NCAA basketball tournament game against Texas, a Texas fan referred to Tennessee as "neon orange". I pointed out to him 2 schools add modifiers to their school color, UNC and Texas. UNC does it to describe their light blue shade and Texas does it to keep people from calling their color what it is, brown.
What’s a modifier?

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
What’s a modifier?

A noun modifier, also known as an attributive noun or noun adjunct, is a noun used attributively to modify or qualify another noun, but in a different way than an adjective. Meet me at the railway station. Railway is a noun used as a modifier to describe what kind of station it is.

Ie- “burnt orange”

Reactions: NighthawkVol
A noun modifier, also known as an attributive noun or noun adjunct, is a noun used attributively to modify or qualify another noun, but in a different way than an adjective. Meet me at the railway station. Railway is a noun used as a modifier to describe what kind of station it is.

Ie- “burnt orange”
Sorry, I thought he was saying that they mix something into the color to make it appear differently. Didn’t realize we were talking about grammar. My bad.

VN Store

Back