New Vol fan here

Hello Vol Nation! My daughter is an incoming 1st year in the College of Nursing and am actually moving her in this weekend. Have made a few trips to Knoxville and loved it. We are from Virginia Beach and while I have been a UVA fan over my lifetime (yeah, that was brutal last year lol), I have embraced the move to support and root for the Vols and good ole' Smokey! I'll always be a fan of UVA, but it is time to run to the checkerboard as General Neyland has ordered me!!! I hope you all will accept me!

Have been following UT extensively this past year holy smokes what a year to get on the bandwagon. Between the basketball and baseball team runs, what CJH has done the past couple of years with football, and the red-hot recruiting going on (with the best yet to come Mr. David Sanders Jr.), it is tremendously clear that there is something special going on here that is going to push UT to the absolute elite tier of sports and academics.

Looking forward to some incredible games (and hopefully she makes friends with some prolific tailgaters lol), checking out the Vol Navy, watching the Vol walk, listening to The Pride of the Southland, singing Rocky Top 800 times a game (and I'm not leaving Down the Field out of this, I know it is the true fight song), witnessing the splitting of the T, and while I won't be able to attend in person, enjoying beating the ever living snot out of %$#bama.

I have spent plenty of time lurking here, and as this weekend approaches and can finally say we are officially Vols (although the student loans taken out have made us officially Vols for sure haha), I look forward to tons of excitement, a gameday atmosphere like no other, and eventually bringing home a National Championship! And did I mention taking %$#bama behind the woodshed and beating the ever living tar out of them? Go Vols

Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be. Baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee

Welcome sevavol. You and your daughter have joined the Big Orange Fam at a time where things are definitely on an upward trajectory. Glad to have you, but one piece of advice I would give you is to avoid this place like the plague after a loss.. Full of disappointed Vol fans that have over imbibed. I usually avoid it for at least 3 days until I have semi gotten over my disappointment and the other folks have dried out. lol. GBO.

Nonsense, burn a couch and let’s talk about how the next QB is the chosen one.

Lu02po.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: sevavol
Hello Vol Nation! My daughter is an incoming 1st year in the College of Nursing and am actually moving her in this weekend. Have made a few trips to Knoxville and loved it. We are from Virginia Beach and while I have been a UVA fan over my lifetime (yeah, that was brutal last year lol), I have embraced the move to support and root for the Vols and good ole' Smokey! I'll always be a fan of UVA, but it is time to run to the checkerboard as General Neyland has ordered me!!! I hope you all will accept me!

Have been following UT extensively this past year holy smokes what a year to get on the bandwagon. Between the basketball and baseball team runs, what CJH has done the past couple of years with football, and the red-hot recruiting going on (with the best yet to come Mr. David Sanders Jr.), it is tremendously clear that there is something special going on here that is going to push UT to the absolute elite tier of sports and academics.

Looking forward to some incredible games (and hopefully she makes friends with some prolific tailgaters lol), checking out the Vol Navy, watching the Vol walk, listening to The Pride of the Southland, singing Rocky Top 800 times a game (and I'm not leaving Down the Field out of this, I know it is the true fight song), witnessing the splitting of the T, and while I won't be able to attend in person, enjoying beating the ever living snot out of %$#bama.

I have spent plenty of time lurking here, and as this weekend approaches and can finally say we are officially Vols (although the student loans taken out have made us officially Vols for sure haha), I look forward to tons of excitement, a gameday atmosphere like no other, and eventually bringing home a National Championship! And did I mention taking %$#bama behind the woodshed and beating the ever living tar out of them? Go Vols

Tennessee, Tennessee, there ain't no place I'd rather be. Baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Welcome aboard! I especially like that last line in your post!

Welcome to the best Fan Base in the Country. Go Big Orange 🍊. In CHRIST Alone

awesome post - as you know I am sure, you certainly won several of us over with 2 references to beating the slimy in-breds to the south of us.

Now....repeat after me....go to he** Alabama. Say it loud and say it often

Are you sure you won't be able to attend any games? your daughter will certainly be eligible to purchase a student pass and and I thought they could get an extra ticket under certain circumstances. That may be just for spouses....not sure....worth asking around....

If you manage to come to any games you're welcome to tailgate with us at the AG Campus....

Oh, wait! Has this guy filled out a Vol Fan application yet? We need a signed pledge with signature. We do no accept band wagon fans like Bama and Florida.

Reactions: sevavol

Your daughter is going to have 4 great years and will make so many great memories. You too.

Welcome to our great family!!!

Get lots of Big Orange gear and start recruiting lots of your close neighbors to also become Vols fans so you can start your local cookouts before game time and really be ready to watch our Vols start back up the mountain to Greatness again where we always belonged.

VFL...GBO!!!

Wow just had a chance to reply. Can’t thank you all enough for such a warm welcome! Definitely feel the Vol family in full effect. When my daughter was looking at different schools a couple of years ago, I will never forget her seeing the end of the $&!@ama game and possibly one of the greatest on field celebrations in the history of college football. She didn’t know squat about UT, but said I want to go there and has been full bore since then. Thanks again for such a warm welcome and look forward to a long future of rooting on The Vols with all of you here! GBO!

VN Store

Back