Neyland Entertainment District

With the plans to move forward with this huge project Tennessee Football and other Sports will become the IT Place on GameDay. Recruits and Families will also like and I believe will only help in future recruiting. What's everyone's opinion?

This entertainment district will bring in more tourist dollars for Knoxville and the university.

Take $400 and multiply that by 5.

It’s literally going to be within 5ft or Neyland and all those shops.

The closest hotel to Neyland is probably The Graduate and it’s $250+ a night depending on the weekend, some weekends it’s $500/night.

If not the hotel rooms then 1000% the condos. The cheapest condo to rent near Neyland on AirBnb is $500+ a night. Now imagine what they will charge per night for it being next to the stadium and SAFELY near shops and food.

Something tells me though that the visiting teams, families etc will get a majority of the hotel since it’s right there. 60 players travel, so two guys to a room, that’s 30 rooms. Then got have the coaches and their families joining, then you have players families, then you have guys like the equipment manager, etc.

Those 240 rooms will be reserved quick for teams and their families. That will leave very few for us fans.
First, visiting teams will not be staying there. It will be too close to the action. Friday night before games it will be too loud and too in the middle of things for visiting teams to stay there. Plus according to you rooms are going to be way too expensive for teams to want to pay for them.

Second, why does it bother you what they are going to charge for hotels or to rent condos. If you are not going to stay there then why do you care. I won’t be staying there because I have a friend that lives in Farragut so I have a free place to stay. If people can and want to pay the going rate to stay close to the action more power to them.

I expect food prices to be in line with other restaurants. There are only 7/8 home games a year. They can’t charge crazy prices and expect people to eat there on a Wednesday night. To survive the restaurants will have to have customers other than just for football.

With the plans to move forward with this huge project Tennessee Football and other Sports will become the IT Place on GameDay. Recruits and Families will also like and I believe will only help in future recruiting. What's everyone's opinion?
The only downfall will be the loss of G10 parking. That’s several parking spaces eliminated. What is the plan for alternatives?

Reactions: SSVol
The only downfall will be the loss of G10 parking. That’s several parking spaces eliminated. What is the plan for alternatives?
And they already eliminated some parking this year. We got massively demoted this year from G10 to 11th street. Had been in G4 for a while before that. They need to think long and hard about improving parking before making it worse.

As I posted somewhere earlier, one of the developers was on local TV and said that we would lose the top of G10, but that there would be a net of 1,000 space increase there overall. Apologized for not making that clear in previous statements. Parking below hotel?

I may have read wrong but I believe they are building another parking Lot

They need to add parking. The university has only been removing parking for as long as I can remember. We were further ahead in GameDay infrastructure 30 years ago.

Frankly, the newer Jumbotron looks like ass already. Might as well turn the other end zone into a neo-modern experiment. I thought one of our biggest sells at UT was tradition.. I guess novelties is where the future lies.

We had run down, disgusting filfthy cheap beer watering holes. Loud ass music (only 1 speaker working) on a 6X6 dance floor, cigarette smoke, and long lines. Another long line, another hour wait for bud light, or michelob light.

No ****ing thank you.

It was glorious.

Reactions: Dansky
As I posted somewhere earlier, one of the developers was on local TV and said that we would lose the top of G10, but that there would be a net of 1,000 space increase there overall. Apologized for not making that clear in previous statements. Parking below hotel?
This is good news.

We had run down, disgusting filfthy cheap beer watering holes. Loud ass music (only 1 speaker working) on a 6X6 dance floor, cigarette smoke, and long lines. Another long line, another hour wait for bud light, or michelob light.

No ****ing thank you.
Ahhhh memories!

You must be talking about game day. Our dorm floor went in together and bought a keg of beer at Smoky Mountain Market and set up a tap at a rented house right off the strip for the Alabama game mid 80's. We'd take the proceeds from our beer sales and purchase another keg and keep the profit. We did that 15 times one wonderful weekend and made enough money to rent a couple of chalets in Gatlinburg for a huge party during the winter. Good times......

During the week and when it wasn't a football Saturday, those places weren't all that crowded. Ivy's had Super Happy Hour on Friday nights and Stefano's had import beer night during the week. When the drinking age was 18 or 19, they counted on students to help them make it to the next football season. It was a wonderful time to be a student and practice some self discipline and abstinence most of the weekdays!

Last edited:

This is what I understand as well.

54304906.jpg
LOL just re read my rant. Had forgotten about that beauty. Almost gave it a like, then realized it was mine.🤦🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Gus D's kernbred

VN Store

Back