Neyland Stadium and Kyle Field

12thMan

This is not a topic to talk smack, just to talk about our wonderful stadiums, which are normally listed as being in the top 5 places to play in the land.

Obviously, Neyland is much larger than Kyle Field, but I'd like to hear how the game day atmosphere is. From what I have read Michigan's huge stadium is somewhat dull and Florida Field , which has about the same capacity as our stadium, is extremely loud(as is ours).

I'll let you guys post pictures of Neyland, here are some of Kyle Field:

kylefield.jpg

Eleven days after 9/11, the student led Red, White and Blue Out:
rwbout640x480.jpg

and maybe someday we can join the largest stadium race if this long-term expansion plan which would make Kyle's capacity 115,000 becomes reality:

091804kyle1.jpg

How's about just cool stadiums all-around? I live in Oregon, so I'll share the two here... First is Autzen Stadium:

autzen.jpg

Sept%20Autzen%20001.jpg

Then Reser Stadium:

aerial-before-lg.jpg

I like Reser. It feels like a glorified HS football field, but that makes it nice. Oregon State folks are the most laid-back you will find, and there is literally tailgating for miles. As long as you're wearing the proper orange and black, you can join any party you want and nobody will even second guess it -- they will toss you a beer and invite you to grab a slice of pizza.

Neyland has alot of tradition behind it. Not only does it hold 104,000 plus, but it was alos voted the #1 place to play a college football game byt the sporting news. I'm still trying to figure out how we reach attendances of 109,000.

Neyland really feels... homey? I think having smaller seats actually has HELPED that. You have to be pretty close to the people around you, plus if you'll notice it almost goes straight up. Michigan's stadium is so spread out... Neyland is like a teacup and Michigan Stadium is like a freakin plate.

I realize this thread is about stadium and number of seats. But I have question regarding season tickets. This has been a hot topic among faithful Ags and such. Just out of curiosity what is your season ticket costs and how does the process work?

You certainly ARE hitting a hot topic. I'll let someone with a better understanding of it tell you the details, but the gist of it is that the University is now making season ticket holders give a much larger "donation" than before to keep their season ticket status. I don't know any of the numbers though. Lots of people have raised hell about it this year.

Being a student, I'm pretty happy with how we do home games. You pay your tuition and fees, you get a ticket for the game, just have to go to the ticket office and give them your ID. I have friends at other schools that tell me they have to pay extra for tickets.

Running through the T

Attachments

• power_T_pic.jpg
    power_T_pic.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1
It seems UT and A&M are in somewhat of the same boat. The past couple of years since we got a new athletic director and coach. Season ticket prices have gone up alot. The seasone tickets for students have gone up to 75 a game but like UT we buy ours in our tution and fees and have a sports pass and on certain days go to the stadium and pull tickets. Mondays is Grad Students and seniors, tuesday is juniors and so on. There has been a big deal about expensive tickets are and people are complaining that the reason we arent selling out Kyle Field is because the prices are so expensive.

We do feel the pain on the raise in ticket prices.

That's interesting that the student classes have certain days to go get tickets... ours is a lottery, first come first serve, but even if you get the last ticket, it could be the best one in the house.

Originally posted by duckman398686@Dec 7, 2004 10:37 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how we reach attendances of 109,000.

The NCAA counts people on the field, in the press box etc toward total attendance. That's why even though the capacity is listed around 104-105,000 we regularly have attendance figures higher than that.

That's interesting that the student classes have certain days to go get tickets... ours is a lottery, first come first serve, but even if you get the last ticket, it could be the best one in the house.

every student that has a sports pass, is gauarnteed a ticket to the game. that is why our student section goes from endzone to endzone. However like i said earlier with raise in prices it ws hard selling out this year. The athletic office offered tickets to students who didnt get a sports pass.

So you have to buy a sports pass as an extra? Ours is paid for whether we want one or not.

By the way, for men's basketball games it's even easier... students don't even have to get a ticket, just scan their ID card at the door.

Do we ever come remotely close to selling out Thompson-Boling Arena? Why in the world did they build that place so big?

a pipe dream that Basketball would become as popular as football at UT

Originally posted by GAVol@Dec 7, 2004 3:21 PM
Do we ever come remotely close to selling out Thompson-Boling Arena? Why in the world did they build that place so big?

Thompson-Boling Arena always sells out against Kentucky. I think they built it so large... because of arena envy :blink: ... its bigger than Kentucky's.

The NCAA counts people on the field, in the press box etc toward total attendance. That's why even though the capacity is listed around 104-105,000 we regularly have attendance figures higher than that.

I know but it's still alot of people

we do have to buy the sports pass extra however we can get one only for football or an all sports pass. the football one cost about 140 dollars and the all sports pass is 250 it is optional when we registar in the spring for the next semester.

We are like yall in that we have a huge basketball arena and it never fills up. For all other sports other than football we are the same we show our ID and they scan the sports pass and we go in. We just hired new coaches and hopefully he will do something there but right now our biggest sports are football and baseball. However the womens sports like soccer and volleyball are doing well this year.

I think Neyland will be a lot nicer once the remodel begins. Its almost a cross between Doak Walker and well Neyland.

Neyland renderings

Oregon State's stadium is tiny...very interesting.

If I were an Aggie fan I would be totally against that large of an expansion. If you guys had trouble selling out this year, just imagine 30,000 empty seats.

I'd love to see them redo some of the outside of neyland...my wife went to FSU and I love the look of doak cambell

Thompson-Boling sells out when it is a regional site for the tourney, doesn't it?

Anyway, it was really just kinda a "my penis is bigger than yours" it's about 4,000 seats larger than Rupp.

USMCAg- Our main men's sports are football and track and field... Jason Gatlin that won the 100m in the Olympics this year is a Vol. Our women's basketball is always competing for the NC, in BY FAR the hardest conf. for that sport... also our women's soccer team is usually nationally ranked in the top 25. :D

Originally posted by lang wiseman fan@Dec 7, 2004 3:19 PM
Oregon State's stadium is tiny...very interesting.

Like I said, it gives it a nice feel. If you showed up early enough, you could theoretically shake hands with everybody attending the game and tailgate with 1/4 of them. It's nice.

VN Store

Back