Neyland Stadium Panorama (7/29/13)

Hoss Diesel

T6X85ES.jpg

31 days until this photo has 102,455 more people in it.

31 days until the student section smells of Tennessee whiskey.

31 days until fists up.

31 days until Coach Butch Jones is marching up and down the sidelines.

31 days until Coach Butch Jones is chest bumping the young men who give their all for Tennessee today.

31 days until a new era of Tennessee football begins that none of us will ever forget.

31 days until life gets much more interesting for all of us.

GBO.

Reactions: 34 people
T6X85ES.jpg

31 days until this photo has 102,455 more people in it.

31 days until the student section smells of Tennessee whiskey.

31 days until fists up.

31 days until Coach Butch Jones is marching up and down the sidelines.

31 days until Coach Butch Jones is chest bumping the young men who give their all for Tennessee today.

31 days until a new era of Tennessee football begins that none of us will ever forget.

31 days until life gets much more interesting for all of us.

GBO.

Great pic!

But 102K ain't happening for the APSU game.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for my new desktop. As if I wasn't already going crazy waiting for August 31...

Great pic!

Sorry. 85% capacity didn't have the same ring to it.

Me and my friends are going to do our part to show our appreciation to the new staff for all of their hard work in the off season by showing up to the opener.

Reactions: 2 people
102,455 showed up strong for West Ky. when we brought in Lane Kiffin. I see no reason why we cant fill it up. We have the #1 recruiting class in the country and our stadium, unlike our record this year will be a selling point to future players.

Sorry. 85% capacity didn't have the same ring to it.

Me and my friends are going to do our part to show our appreciation to the new staff for all of their hard work in the off season by showing up to the opener.

I hear ya. Awesome pic, though! Very serene, like it's just waiting for the fans to show up.

As of now, my wife and I will be there. We may make a week plus stay and go to the WKU game as well.

102,455 showed up strong for West Ky. when we brought in Lane Kiffin. I see no reason why we cant fill it up. We have the #1 recruiting class in the country and our stadium, unlike our record this year will be a selling point to future players.

Not quite and that was with Hammy counting anyone within 3 miles of the stadium as being "in attendance".

This was my thinking. But I won't pretend to be knowledgable enough to predict how many will be there. The Dooley era was pretty rough, Hart is a bumbling idiot, and our fans have been through a lot. So I can't really blame someone for being apprehensive. But Butch Jones has worked his ass off and done everything right so far.

I was there. And there was not 102k at that game.

Me & 15 relatives will be sitring 10 rows up right behind the visitors bench ready to celebrate the dawn of a new era in Vols football history. Then two weeks later off to Oregon.

I have indeed drunk the orange Kool-Aid.

I was there. And there was not 102k at that game.

There NEVER is ... UT (like govt organizations do) lies shamelessly about attendance figures at EVERY game. 61K at O/W game? No. Look at the pics and you decide if that stadium was 60% full.

I don't care what metric they "claim" to use to determine the number. They, I, and anyone who pays the least attention knows that it's just plain deceit.

But, boy do they love to toss out the "UT BBall was ranked #x in attendance nationwide last year". Hmmm, I wonder where they got the numbers.

Embarrsin' if yask me. :blush:

That did not happen. I was at that game and the stadium was about 4/5 full. Lots of empty seats.

Great pic!

If over 60,000 show up for O&W game then there should be 102,000 for the first game.....Hopefully :hi:

For what these players, coaches have done in the past 7months, Neyland should be full

Last edited:
Hey Boca, you will be there but I'll bet you won't have a good time.....and it will probably rain.:)

I always have a great time at games. I just don't sugar-coat things. If the stadium isn't full, it isn't full. That doesn't take away from the enjoyment.

And everyone cup he gets at the concession stand will be half empty...LOL

I always order my drinks 2/3 full. Don't want to be wasteful when room is needed for mixing up a drink.

There NEVER is ... UT (like govt organizations do) lies shamelessly about attendance figures at EVERY game. 61K at O/W game? No. Look at the pics and you decide if that stadium was 60% full.

I don't care what metric they "claim" to use to determine the number. They, I, and anyone who pays the least attention knows that it's just plain deceit.

But, boy do they love to toss out the "UT BBall was ranked #x in attendance nationwide last year". Hmmm, I wonder where they got the numbers.

Embarrsin' if yask me. :blush:

You're pretty much correct. Although, a lot of the bigger schools do it. Any school that list a significant number over capacity is lying. It's pretty harmless and makes the fans feel good. Back when I was in school they did give out SRO tickets to the students to make more available. They haven't done that in a while, though.

I thought it was interesting that the attendance for the UF game was listed as 102,455 (capacity). Bama does that as well. The only game for them that wasn't listed at 101,821 was the Western Carolina game.

VN Store

Back