NFL DIVISIONAL ROUND PLAYOFF GAMES 1/22-1/23

21y99ummyjd81.jpg
Gotta feel for Bills fans...lose 4 consecutive Superbowls, lose on Music City Miracle, lose this way tonight. Definite gut punches.

Reactions: Plecoptera and MAD
Who else thinks we get a Cincy/San Fran Superbowl?
No way Cincy can win.
No way Cincy wins next week. KC probably wins it all now.
Cinci will get blown out, and OBJ will get redemption. This is what it means to be a Browns fan.
Week 17 KC@CIN
KC is on an 8 game win streak with the AFC's #1 seed on the line.
After giving up 28 points in the first half, CIN held KC to 3 points in the 2nd half.
KC had a lead of 14 points at 3 times during the game.
CIN kicks a field goal as time expires to win by three.

I think KC wins, but it's gonna be another shootout and CIN has a puncher's chance.

I think the Bills take down KC. Other than that I have all the favorites moving on. The Rams beating TB would not shock me, but I'm still leaning on the Brady factor. Bengals beating the Titans probably shouldn't shock me, but those are some long odds if they are down Daniels, Larry O, and possibly Hendrickson, as the Titans will have a clear advantage along both lines of scrimmage, which is about the last thing you want against a Vrabel team coming off any kind of rest.

I fully expect Rodgers to get his Niners playoff revenge this week. This is a good slate of action though. Pack are rightfully a heavy favorite, but I don't think any of these games are locks.

Lol I literally went 0-4. At least I was right about none of the games being locks.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Idk about you guys but this weekends NFL games have been better than anything the CFB playoffs has produced since its existence.

I think the one Clemson/Alabama NC game that went to the wire is the only one that could compare. Unless you're just talking about the actual semi-final round then yeah there's nothing that even come close.

Although to be fair, that was imo the best Divisional Round in NFL history.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
If you get beat deep , you get beat, but that soft ass scared coverage infuriates me in that situation.

It's the Chiefs. No team is scarier with their backs against the wall when they have to go for broke. To prioritize the seams, you have to pay less attention to the sidelines and deep. None of these are good options with their team speed, and no matter what you do, if you give up the big play here, it's going to look like bad scheming.

I did kinda agree with what Romo said. Why rush 4 when they HAVE to get rid of the ball so quickly?

Idk about you guys but this weekends NFL games have been better than anything the CFB playoffs has produced since its existence.
CFB has had the best regular season of any sport and the worst postseason of any sport for a very long time. Even when CFB's big postseason games are close, it still feels weird and anticlimactic because of the huge gap between the conference championship games and bowl season.

I have a simple change as a solution to overtime. I think overtime rules are fine except for the use of a coin flip. Simply have overtime be a continuation of the game as it’s being played. Just like is done from 1st to 2nd quarter and 3rd to 4th quarter. This means that in every case when a team scores to tie it up on the last play of regulation, they will then kick off on the next play, which will be the first play of overtime. I think that’s as it should be. It also means if you have 2nd and 8 at midfield with one second left in regulation, and the game is tied, you don’t have to throw a Hail Mary. Just run your next play as you normally would. You’ll still have the ball when OT starts.

Reactions: MAD
I have a simple change as a solution to overtime. I think overtime rules are fine except for the use of a coin flip. Simply have overtime be a continuation of the game as it’s being played. Just like is done from 1st to 2nd quarter and 3rd to 4th quarter. This means that in every case when a team scores to tie it up on the last play of regulation, they will then kick off on the next play, which will be the first play of overtime. I think that’s as it should be. It also means if you have 2nd and 8 at midfield with one second left in regulation, and the game is tied, you don’t have to throw a Hail Mary. Just run your next play as you normally would. You’ll still have the ball when OT starts.
I like this idea, it would have prevented KC from having back to back offensive drives without giving the Bills a chance to touch the ball when they decided to take a FG.

I don't like it, i still want teams to try to win it in regulation with hail mary's and laterals and a sense of urgency.

I don't like it, i still want teams to try to win it in regulation with hail mary's and laterals and a sense of urgency.
Good point. But that hardly ever, if ever, happens when the game is tied. It almost exclusively happens when a team is behind and down to their last play. I don’t think you’ll lose it.

VN Store

Back