Nick Stephens in NFL

I think it is pretty darn cool to see how many Vol QBs run off by Lane Kiffin are still in the NFL. I think BJ Coleman is still on the Green Bay roster. I think JC actually jumped to the CFL this year. Matt Simms is still with the Jets too. I think Dooley threw him under the bus, and, of course, completely failed to coach him.

Nice call on BJC.

I think it is pretty darn cool to see how many Vol QBs run off by Lane Kiffin are still in the NFL. I think BJ Coleman is still on the Green Bay roster. I think JC actually jumped to the CFL this year. Matt Simms is still with the Jets too. I think Dooley threw him under the bus, and, of course, completely failed to coach him.

Seriously? All of those guys were bad to horrible. If a couple of them can get 3rd string or scout team jobs that's great. But Kiffin or Dooley had nothing to do with keeping them down. They were just bad. BJ gave up quick. Stephens had some great completions...to the other teams. And Matt Simms still remains the worst SEC QB I've ever seen play.

Seriously? All of those guys were bad to horrible. If a couple of them can get 3rd string or scout team jobs that's great. But Kiffin or Dooley had nothing to do with keeping them down. They were just bad. BJ gave up quick. Stephens had some great completions...to the other teams. And Matt Simms still remains the worst SEC QB I've ever seen play.

JC kicked ass in 2009. He smoked Georgia and South Carolina

3? Who are u in thinking of? I believe all of the following are trying to hang around the NFL still (some obviously more successful than others):

PM
JC
NS
TB
CS
Anyone else? Is RC still trying?

who is CS ? and surely you cant mean Rick Clausen :)olol:) as RC

The worst? You haven't been watching SEC ball very long then. Matt Simms was literally one play away from beating LSU and if memory serves LSU was no slouch that year.

The worst? You haven't been watching SEC ball very long then. Matt Simms was literally one play away from beating LSU and if memory serves LSU was no slouch that year.
He also came in against Georgia in 2011 after Bray got hurt and threw a TD pass, which was the only TD we had. He gave us a glimmer of hope in a game where Bray was ineffective before he left. We lost 20-12.

He held the ball too long, absolutely. Cut would have sorted him out though. The Bamboo Brain Trust gave zero coaching to the young man and threw him under a bus.

Simms ALWAYS managed the game better than Bray, and Simms was thrown to the tigers by Dooley - he didn't get to play many cupcakes. Our running game was always improved with Simms running the team.

Meanwhile, Simms has managed to pull an NFL paycheck for two years.

He held the ball too long, absolutely. Cut would have sorted him out though. The Bamboo Brain Trust gave zero coaching to the young man and threw him under a bus.

Simms ALWAYS managed the game better than Bray, and Simms was thrown to the tigers by Dooley - he didn't get to play many cupcakes. Our running game was always improved with Simms running the team.

Meanwhile, Simms has managed to pull an NFL paycheck for two years.

Simms mistakes were fixable. Kurt warner went through a phase of holding the ball too long towards the end of his time with the rams. He clearly corrected it with the cardinals.

...Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said. "He's a big kid. He's athletic. He can throw the ball..."
Is that all it takes to make it with the Cowboys?? I'm athletic, I can throw a ball, and my wife always says I'm just like a big kid...put me in coach!!!

Is that all it takes to make it with the Cowboys?? I'm athletic, I can throw a ball, and my wife always says I'm just like a big kid...put me in coach!!!

Their current QB came from OVC powerhouse Eastern Illinois University... I think they have been scraping the bottom of the barrel for a while.

(I attended Eastern Illinois University, so yeah, believe me, I know)

VN Store

Back