Nico Suave!

I liked the nickname "Rico Suave" when I first read it on volnation, because Iamaleava certainly has that level-headed, cool to the moment, attitude. But I'd never heard the song (or the artist, whichever one is Nico Suave) or seen the music video.

And once I did... no way.

Our Nico is a more impressive, far classier individual than whoever that male pop-tart was.
To football, Nico Iamaleava is an original in every way. He's just Nico. Let those who follow try to imitate and compare themselves to him.

And zero defense to support!
And by "zero" you're not even using hyperbole! That was the most God awful defensive mess Ive ever seen at UT. Then we doubled down w the great Sal Sunseri. I'll swear, deep inside me, I believe Saban was paying him more than us to nuke us.

If that ridiculous group of receivers, pass blockers, TE, and Bray had a real defense, we could have made some major waves.

Casey “California cool” Clausen made me nervous as a kid. He seemed unsteady and his passes were always quacking wobbles. I didn’t know much then, but dad always said he had clown feet and my 9th grade English teacher acted like she almost hated him. When those guys in the OU game broadcast started talking about Nico’s California chill, I rolled my eyes and grumbled. Casey looks good in hindsight and I don’t want that for Nico.

Casey also wasn’t a particularly friendly guy back then either. I’m sure he’s grown up a lot since then, he’s 100% under appreciated as a QB here

Casey is my All Time favorite Vol. He had a 14-1 SEC road record. We may never see that again
Saw him play against Bama as a freshman. At one point they ripped his helmet off & he kept scrambling until he completed the pass (of course, in today's game the officials would call the play dead & make him sit out for a play). It was clear to me that Casey was a fighter, competitor, winner, etc. :cool:

I liked the nickname "Rico Suave" when I first read it on volnation, because Iamaleava certainly has that level-headed, cool to the moment, attitude. But I'd never heard the song (or the artist, whichever one is Nico Suave) or seen the music video.

And once I did... no way.

Our Nico is a more impressive, far classier individual than whoever that male pop-tart was.
To football, Nico Iamaleava is an original in every way. He's just Nico. Let those who follow try to imitate and compare themselves to him.
Well, I started the Nico Suave cliche' and never thought it would stick. Just did it for fun but........................... the name is kind of catchy, regardless of whether Nico Suave stands for a stereotypical Latino ladies' man who is very charming but cocky. Go Nico!

VN Store

Back