No More Comparisons To Vick....

g8terh8ter_eric

No Disassemble!
Remember last season when Schaeffer was labeled "Little Vick".....well me and my cuz were talking and thought this might be a good topic to discuss.....does anyone actually think that he is worthy of a title like that??? :crap:

Attachments

• fluffy.jpg
    fluffy.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 0
Not really. Besides, there is already a little Vick coming back to Tech next season.

He's got the feet to be named little Vick but there really is no comparison...Although, when they did show the side by side comparison it did look kind of scary

Yeah but at least Vick has a pocket presence....Schaeffer has watched too many Richocet Rabbit cartoons :dlol:

yeah that's true......I'm a big Michael Vick fan but Shaffer does have one thing Vick's not got....An accurate arm..LOL....Vick has a good arm, strength wise but he's not so accurate

Vick actually knows how to run an option. Schaeffer just bolted as soon as he got the ball. It worked well against UNLV and Louisiana Tech, but that's about the extent of it.

If you remember Milo, he done a few good things against Florida with his feet as well....Shaffer isn't as overrated as some think but to an extent I do think he is overrated

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 10, 2005 4:48 PM
If you remember Milo, he done a few good things against Florida with his feet as well....Shaffer isn't as overrated as some think but to an extent I do think he is overrated

You forgot that Zook absolutely ruined Florida's defensive game. I think that while it was an amazing win to watch, the game was not as meaningful to the season as we thought.

Yeah, Schaeffer is still a great athlete and all. Terrific ability, but I just don't think he can flourish at Tennessee. The only advantage I can see to keeping him would be to keep Ainge and him costarting and throw off defenses. That was a great advantage last season. But he doesn't have too much passing ability, limited vision because he is short, and he only picks one path and goes withit. No ability to change what he's doing on the fly.

i dont think that schaffer is overrated. he did good every time he went in. he fulmer would have gave him more than one series a game then i think his accruacy would be better. hopefully he will find a place that suits his style of play because i dont see brent getting his chance from fulmer.

Just remember Milo, a lot of the reason he looked that way is because he was a true Freshman. Almost all true freshmen look that way - which makes Ainge's performance all the more impressive.

If you go back and watch tape of Vick as a Freshman at Tech, then Shaffer did play similar to Vick as a Freshman. IMO if he had more playing time he could get used to the speed of the game and have better pocket presence. After all he did a good job last season in the South Carolina game until he got injured. I don't think he will get enough playing time, at least at QB, to progress like Vick did in his Soph. and Junior years.

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 10, 2005 4:55 PM
Just remember Milo, a lot of the reason he looked that way is because he was a true Freshman. Almost all true freshmen look that way - which makes Ainge's performance all the more impressive.

Yeah. I'm not saying he can't become good, but he has a lot of changes to make if he wants to do well. Ainge is coming along far better than Schaeffer. But, if Brent can get a good pass game going, I don't see why he couldn't play.

:bow: Give the kid a chance. I would rather face Leak than Shaffer if they were both at Florida. He could start for ANY team in the country. But, guess what? he signed a letter of intent with the mighty VOLS. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by JCVOL@Feb 10, 2005 8:27 PM
I would rather face Leak than Shaffer if they were both at Florida. He could start for ANY team in the country.

I just defended Schaeffer a few minutes ago . . . but ARE YOU SERIOUS??

Chris Leak????? LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is OVERRATED

Originally posted by GAVol+Feb 10, 2005 5:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Feb 10, 2005 5:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JCVOL@Feb 10, 2005 8:27 PM
I would rather face Leak than Shaffer if they were both at Florida. He could start for ANY team in the country.

I just defended Schaeffer a few minutes ago . . . but ARE YOU SERIOUS?? [/quote]
Yeah, that was pretty intense. You realize who you&#39;re putting him in front of? Schaeffer is not even close to the best QB in the SEC, let alone the country.

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 10, 2005 5:31 PM
Chris Leak????? LMMFAO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; He is OVERRATED

Yeah, but is Brent better than him? I&#39;d have to say not. Chris Leak may be overrated, he will not win a Heisman, but he is statistically the best QB in the SEC remaining. He had a pretty good QB rating and for the most part played well. Zook lost all those games on defense, the offense did fine.

I think a lot of people are just enamoured with the IDEA of having a Vick-like QB.

Ainge may not have a chance to make little Vick look bad this year, most likely he&#39;s gone after spring anyway. He would be better suited in another offense. If he does go to some where like K-State you might see him really take off.

i just hope if he leaves that it dont come back ans bite us in the :shakeit: . we never gave brent a chance. everytime he came in after ainge he never got more than two possesions a game, you cant learn off of that. i hope he does good at another school though. look for him to go to nc state, that was where he was gonna go but chose us.

I would say two possesions is plenty of time to get things rolling. Ainge built up his momentum and got going, Schaeffer had sporadic moments of brilliance, but mostly was just making stupid freshman moves.

VN Store

Back