No Penalties

I've been watching UT football since the 70's. I don't remember (maybe once) being penalty-free ever in the past through an entire game. Impressive execution and discipline. Hope this is is a representation of things to come.

Great focus and discipline and energy like we haven't seen in a few years.

That's all from bUTch and good coaches demanding these things consistently.

Us beating APSU isn't the big thing to feel good about but the total focus, motivation and serious discipline IS a great thing to see in a game where our players already knew they should get a easy blowout Win.

Alot more younger guys played than I expected so that's proof of how bad our depth really is and lacking depth with really good players at every position is still going to hurt us for a few years while we totally rebuild.

It was smart of bUTch to start getting so many young guys more playing time for experience and to have lots of film to work with to keep the young guys learning and progressing.

A good 1st step in this total rebuilding process and I saw alot that I liked and wanted to see.

2nd half really showed how bad our depth problems really are and the games only get tougher from this point forward.

I'm more convinced that bUTch was the right choice for the total rebuild of our program.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
That's great! Am I the only one who thought that putting second and third string in, in the second half was a good decision? I talked to a couple fans around here who disagreed and wanted Butch to run the score up to prove a point through numbers. Butch just doesn't strike me as being the coach who feels he has to prove a point in the first game against a cupcake team. Get the experience in depth when you can, no matter who it is against.

Reactions: 1 person
:good!:
That's great! Am I the only one who thought that putting second and third string in, in the second half was a good decision? I talked to a couple fans around here who disagreed and wanted Butch to run the score up to prove a point through numbers. Butch just doesn't strike me as being the coach who feels he has to prove a point in the first game against a cupcake team. Get the experience in depth when you can, no matter who it is against.

It's a great thing we need. The discipline will be a huge plus later in the season when we are playing teams with more talent.

VN Store

Back