No Vols O-Linemen Voted To Preseason All-SEC first team

Jonboy

Last edited:
What an effing joke. Not only Tiny...but J. James has started every game of his career. Z. Fulton... Heck anyone on the line you could make an argument for besides Jackson. And that's just because he hasn't played much. Jackson's upside is tremendous. But that's fine, because Tennessee traditionally does better when they get sold short in the pre season.

Reactions: 2 people
There is nothing wrong with that. Matthews and Kuondjio are both potential To 10 picks on Top 5 teams. All 3 are eite.

Reactions: 1 person
Until Tennessee's OL wins more critical 3rd/4th and short yd situations, Im not sure I can put them all that high either.

Reactions: 2 people
There is nothing wrong with that. Matthews and Kuondjio are both potential To 10 picks on Top 5 teams. All 3 are eite.

Until Tennessee's OL wins more critical 3rd/4th and short yd situations, Im not sure I can put them all that high either.

Trolls.

Everybody on ESPN was saying this is the best oline in the SEC and one of the best in the country all day yestereday.

Not one of them making the All-SEC 1st team is a joke and a disrespect to this school. Clowney even said Tiny Richardson is the best OL he faced last season. What more do you need?

Media Hates Us. I hope this motivates them big time. It's too bad this couldn't be released before the press met with them, we would have a lot less press to ignore.

Man did they make a bunch of big ole men on UT's Line determined to show them what big dumb a**** they are. Go get em TINY and Co.

Media members often forget to cast their votes.

That said, who put Gabe Jackson above Richardson and James?

Gabe Jackson is a G. Richardson got 2nd team behind Matthews and Kouandjio but specifically Kouandjio because that's a direct LT to LT comparison.

It's a tough debate between Kouandjio and Richardson. They're both physically prototypes for NFL LTs and both are very very good. Rouandjio will get more publicity simply because he's on a Bama squad and UT has a lackluster running game coming into this year.

IF UT can get a good running game and continue it's unreal statistical year of sacks given up Richardson could very well vault Kouandjio.

Trolls.

Everybody on ESPN was saying this is the best oline in the SEC and one of the best in the country all day yestereday.

Not one of them making the All-SEC 1st team is a joke and a disrespect to this school. Clowney even said Tiny Richardson is the best OL he faced last season. What more do you need?

Media Hates Us. I hope this motivates them big time. It's too bad this couldn't be released before the press met with them, we would have a lot less press to ignore.

Dude, chill.

UT has 4/5 starters listed to an All-SEC team. Bama has 2. LSU has 2. TAMU has 1. I'd say the ratings are correct. Richardson < Koun and James < Matthews at their respective positions. UT simply doesn't have a good track record of a run-game.

The pass-blocking was great but that was under the tutelage of Sam Pittman and under Chaney's scheme. Some of the trepidation could be due to having a completely retooled Offense and a different OL coach as well as a different blocking scheme (IIRC we are ZBS instead of Man-Man like we were under Pittman).

As a unit they're one of the best.

Trolls.

Clowney also said Tiny held more than anyone and just didn't get caught

its obvious they r drinking a diffrrent flavor kool aid than volnation...lol
preseason anything is useless....imo.

VN Store

Back