No Vols O-Linemen Voted To Preseason All-SEC first team

When did Tiny surpass James as our best offensive lineman? It is a bigger slap in the face to him that our fans have annointed Tiny when he has been the rock of our O-line for his entire career.

Dude, chill.

UT has 4/5 starters listed to an All-SEC team. Bama has 2. LSU has 2. TAMU has 1. I'd say the ratings are correct. Richardson < Koun and James < Matthews at their respective positions. UT simply doesn't have a good track record of a run-game.

The pass-blocking was great but that was under the tutelage of Sam Pittman and under Chaney's scheme. Some of the trepidation could be due to having a completely retooled Offense and a different OL coach as well as a different blocking scheme (IIRC we are ZBS instead of Man-Man like we were under Pittman).

As a unit they're one of the best.

My tone would have given off a more chill persona, I promise. I am the epicenter of chill.

I am nervous to see where the Zone blocking takes us. As I remember, we kinda sucked in the ZBS a few years ago and went to a Man-man bc our passing game got so much better. Hopefully, being older and more mature, our OL will be up to the challenge and let the RBs do their thing.

Totally agree with this DCVOL

Dude, chill.

UT has 4/5 starters listed to an All-SEC team. Bama has 2. LSU has 2. TAMU has 1. I'd say the ratings are correct. Richardson < Koun and James < Matthews at their respective positions. UT simply doesn't have a good track record of a run-game.

The pass-blocking was great but that was under the tutelage of Sam Pittman and under Chaney's scheme. Some of the trepidation could be due to having a completely retooled Offense and a different OL coach as well as a different blocking scheme (IIRC we are ZBS instead of Man-Man like we were under Pittman).

As a unit they're one of the best.

The media defines the phrase "what have you done for me lately."

Better to be named 1st team at the end of the season than in July!

Reactions: 1 person
As for the individual players on the offensive line, it is not what the media thinks preseason that matters, but what NFL coaches do post season. I count five, maybe six NFL draft picks coming from our offensive line in the next two years.

As for the individual players on the offensive line, it is not what the media thinks preseason that matters, but what NFL coaches do post season. I count five, maybe six NFL draft picks coming from our offensive line in the next two years.

i agree. James and Richardson are NFL tackles right now. Zach Fulton might be the best Guard in the SEC. hes a bull.James is an NFL Center. Marcus Jackson is also a really good player.

They call him "Tiny," and he's one of three offensive tackles in the SEC (along with Alabama's Cyrus Kouandjio and Texas A&M's Jake Matthews) who has first round written all over him.

Straight from ESPN.

meaningless unless the defensive linemen of the conference voted. ask jadeveon clowney for whom he'd vote

(By the way, almost 10% did not vote clowney as all-sec preseason, just to show you how stupid this is)

Last edited:
I'd rather them show everyone week to week they are the best, instead of them getting crowned in july (by media members who always have their head up sabans ass or down johny footballs pants) and getting complacent.

Reactions: 2 people
I, for one, want to see this OL group prove that they can indeed run block with consistency, something they have yet to demonstrate.

I kind of think with the run blocking deal, a great back can get 3 yards on his own.. Tennessee doesn't have a great back.. They have some serviceable guys.. Might be part of the reason.. It's collectively the best group in the SEC, with probably Bama right there as well...Saban just recruits freaks and always will while he's at Bama.. They seem to grow those in Bama land though..

I kind of think with the run blocking deal, a great back can get 3 yards on his own.. Tennessee doesn't have a great back.. They have some serviceable guys.. Might be part of the reason.. It's collectively the best group in the SEC, with probably Bama right there as well...Saban just recruits freaks and always will while he's at Bama.. They seem to grow those in Bama land though..

I agree Carter, but I do want to see our OL challenged to carry the load running the football....and yes, I agree again that our RB's are very average at best, but always hope that one of the RB's will step up and play with wreckless abandon and show leadership. I hate to admitt it, but Kiffin did seem to get more effort out of every player....no quitting in the second half.

UT has a total of 6 players on the 3 teams...

Auburn has 4...

Game is in Knoxville with both teams having first year head coaches and changing schemes...

Someone said it best on here when they talked about battered wife syndrome... no reason at all that UT should lose that game... Golden Nugget agrees...

VN Store

Back