Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Unless I’m wrong, Texas is a contender.
Texas is a huge contender and has the biggest team in the SEC this year. I don't know how their 6-9 post will play out, but Oldacre under Vic's tutelage may surprise some. Look what he did with Tiera McCowen who out of high school was ranked somewhere between 80-90 in her class. She wasn't highly recruited and turned out to be one of the Post players in the SEC.

Texas is a huge contender and has the biggest team in the SEC this year. I don't know how their 6-9 post will play out, but Oldacre under Vic's tutelage may surprise some. Look what he did with Tiera McCowen who out of high school was ranked somewhere between 80-90 in her class. She wasn't highly recruited and turned out to be one of the Post players in the SEC.
Texas plays SC twice in the season this year. Those games will be epic, possibly two top 5 teams each time.

Heard a podcast interview w Auburn coach Johnnie Harris, always one of my faves. Forgot her resume was so packed, she was at Texas A & M w Gary Blair and Vic when they won their natty. Then moved to Miss St w Vic during their glory years of Final Fours, then to Texas w Vic. Said her last game at Texas before she got the Auburn job was an Elite Eight game against So Carolina. Johnnie definitely knows what it's like. She was very complimentary of how Vic brought her along and got her ready to be a head coach.

Of course she's excited about Auburn, but she also said she keeps hearing Alabama is going to have one of the best teams they've had in years. I was afraid of that. IMO Alabama is going to be the strongest challenger to break into the So Car, Texas, and LSU nexus this year. Along w Oklahoma. And if things go right, the LVs.

Based on what logic?

Looking at each team’s returnees the core features talent for each team. The difference is Tennessee’s elite portal signees. Players that had dominant performances head to head vs Alabama last season (Spencer, Latham). One of TN returnees in Jewel Spear in the SEC tourney set a record for three pointers made/percentage against Alabama. Tennessee has routinely beaten Alabama. Tennessee beat Oklahoma last season without its WNBA lottery pick and this past April signed an elite portal class.

Okay you like the Auburn coach, that’s good to hear. Good luck to Auburn and Alabama.

Reactions: dapeak
So it’s not based on logic? I figured.
WTF? So it would be more logical to trust the “logic” of random internet posters than career professionals with first hand knowledge? lol next time I need brain surgery I’ll check w you. Who needs a neurosurgeon?

Forget it, it’s useless with you.

WTF? So it would be more logical to trust the “logic” of random internet posters than career professionals with first hand knowledge? lol next time I need brain surgery I’ll check w you. Who needs a neurosurgeon?

Forget it, it’s useless with you.

Go to the extreme per usual. I guess this Auburn coach, one of your faves is always right.

Your opinions are golden.

Heard a podcast interview w Auburn coach Johnnie Harris, always one of my faves. Forgot her resume was so packed, she was at Texas A & M w Gary Blair and Vic when they won their natty. Then moved to Miss St w Vic during their glory years of Final Fours, then to Texas w Vic. Said her last game at Texas before she got the Auburn job was an Elite Eight game against So Carolina. Johnnie definitely knows what it's like. She was very complimentary of how Vic brought her along and got her ready to be a head coach.

Of course she's excited about Auburn, but she also said she keeps hearing Alabama is going to have one of the best teams they've had in years. I was afraid of that. IMO Alabama is going to be the strongest challenger to break into the So Car, Texas, and LSU nexus this year. Along w Oklahoma. And if things go right, the LVs.

Both Johnnie Harris and Kristy Curry are faves of mine. They're sharp as tacks, and if either of them had a roster as loaded Staley or Auriemma, I have a feeling they'd go toe-to-toe with them for championships.

And yes, your opinions ARE golden.

VN Store

Back