@Norcal67

The fact that two people who did not know each other wrote that song word for word and
also before that I had never listened to the words.
Do you really believe 2 random people wrote the exact same song word for word and they never met?

Last edited:
Reactions: ArdentVol
I didn't read anything about 2 people not knowing each other writing the exact same words to sympathy for the devil in that.
I used to listen to John Todd in the 80's and it was on a cassette tape of him talking about this very thing, but he went into more detail. He was associated with the music industry
years ago, and don't get me wrong, I am a big music person but after listening to him on that tape, I did get rid of some of my music and that album was one of them.

I went to the West Palm Beach rock festival in 1969. Palm Beach Pop Festival 1969 Setlists

The Stones were the last band of the festival and were supposed to start at about midnight. It got to be 2:00 or 3:00 and they arrived on a helicopter. The stage there was about ten feet tall. It was at a race track and when they started playing everybody crowded down to the stage to get closer. When they did Sympathy for the devil they did a real long instrumental type version. About halfway through there was a instrumental interlude and Mick Jagger got down in one knee, leaned out towards the crowd and sang what’s my name over and over. It was hilarious when all the people at the stage started backing up, I was laughing my ass off. They played until the sun came up.

I went to the West Palm Beach rock festival in 1969. Palm Beach Pop Festival 1969 Setlists

The Stones were the last band of the festival and were supposed to start at about midnight. It got to be 2:00 or 3:00 and they arrived on a helicopter. The stage there was about ten feet tall. It was at a race track and when they started playing everybody crowded down to the stage to get closer. When they did Sympathy for the devil they did a real long instrumental type version. About halfway through there was a instrumental interlude and Mick Jagger got down in one knee, leaned out towards the crowd and sang what’s my name over and over. It was hilarious when all the people at the stage started backing up, I was laughing my ass off. They played until the sun came up.
Remember that concert the Stones did where the Hells Angels were the bouncers and everything got out of hand

I love Gloria Estefan and one of my favorites is this one....

I miss Gloria and Miami Sound Machine. Loved that high-energy salsa sound!

And she co-wrote this after her tour bus was hit by an 18-wheeler and her back was broken, and the medevac chopper appeared through the darkness. Great gospel choir for backup.

I miss Gloria and Miami Sound Machine. Loved that high-energy salsa sound!

And she co-wrote this after her tour bus was hit by an 18-wheeler and her back was broken, and the medevac chopper appeared through the darkness. Great gospel choir for backup.

Yes I remembered when that happened and I love that one too!!

VN Store

Back