Votes: 94 42.3%
  • 9-3

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • 12-0

Votes: 36 16.2%

• Total voters

GoVols64

Flying Tigers!
Regardless of how teams have played we are entering the point in our schedule where it gets real. I am so excited to see us go on the road, into a historically tough environment, and see how we respond. This is going to be fun if we are as good as we appear to be. Seven Straight SEC games with 2 Top 10 teams. As of this post all are winnable..... Let's discuss how this turns out, my thoughts:

15 @OU: W
@ARK: W
UF: W
4 Bama: W/L (This is a 50/50)
UK: W
Miss St: W
1 UGA: L
UTEP: W
@Candy: W

This puts us at 11-1 or 10-2 with a driver's seat to the CFP. IF we were able to win them all we would likely play Texas in the SEC Championship and what I beleive would be an automatic bid into the playoff.

What say you?

Last edited:
Tennessee has not proven anything yet. They beat 3 bad football teams like they should. Need to see how they play when it matters starting Saturday in Norman. Need to see how Nico handles the crowd and adversity. The team with the best QB play will win this game. Oklahoma QB can run and throw, these are the types of QBs that is hard to contain. Hopefully our edge rushers can make him uncomfortable and probably need to spy him a lot in this game. Offense has to run the ball consistently in this game. Nico needs to learn to slide and stop taking unnecessary hits. We need him for the entire season to make a playoff run. This game is personal for Josh and I think his players know this. Go Vols!

I hate to be this guy but Georgia and Bama are beatable. So 12-0 is actually on the tavle đź‘€

It’s the truth, so none of us should be afraid to say it out loud.

And here’s the beauty of it. We’re a little ahead of schedule, and we’re only going to get more scary as recruiting continues to trend up.

The team with the best QB play will win this game. Oklahoma QB can run and throw, these are the types of QBs that is hard to contain.

Nico is light years better than OU’s QB, Vols should win going away.

Nico will be starting on Sundays. OU’s QB will be working a TV remote controller at home.

Reactions: igotworms
Tennessee has not proven anything yet. They beat 3 bad football teams like they should. Need to see how they play when it matters starting Saturday in Norman. Need to see how Nico handles the crowd and adversity. The team with the best QB play will win this game. Oklahoma QB can run and throw, these are the types of QBs that is hard to contain. Hopefully our edge rushers can make him uncomfortable and probably need to spy him a lot in this game. Offense has to run the ball consistently in this game. Nico needs to learn to slide and stop taking unnecessary hits. We need him for the entire season to make a playoff run. This game is personal for Josh and I think his players know this. Go Vols!
1726417239186.png

This puts us at 11-1 or 11-2 with a driver's seat to the CFP. IF we were able to win them all we would likely play Texas in the SEC Championship and what I beleive would be an automatic bid into the playoff.
Where does our 13th game come from? So you are saying we win 11 games regardless of how many we lose?

I said 10-2 before the season but at this point its 11-1 or its a fairly big disappointment. Bama and Georgia are beatable. Everyone else on the schedule sucks. If they lose to Bama and Georgia they would have beaten no one worth a dang. OU is probably going 8-4 just because their schedule is brutal. If that's your best win, I'd pump the breaks on "wait til next year".

Regardless of how teams have played we are entering the point in our schedule where it gets real. I am so excited to see us go on the road, into a historically tough environment, and see how we respond. This is going to be fun if we are as good as we appear to be. Seven Straight SEC games with 2 Top 10 teams. As of this post all are winnable..... Let's discuss how this turns out, my thoughts:

This puts us at 11-1 or 11-2 with a driver's seat to the CFP. IF we were able to win them all we would likely play Texas in the SEC Championship and what I beleive would be an automatic bid into the playoff.

What say you?
Any game is winnable going forward. I wouldn't just put an L against Georgia.

To watch for the OU game (nothing really new here):

Penalties / especially of the pre snap variety. UT has really struggled with crowd noise in this area for road games. Most teams do . . . But championship teams minimize it.

IF UT wins the turnover battle and avoids a lot of dumb / drive killing penalties . . . We win.

Penalties / turnovers = loss. As is true most of the time . . . But also . . . I don’t think we are yet “loaded” enough talent wise to overcome those things.

I’m just worried about a few things.

1) Nico has proven he’s not scared to thread the needle. Against this competition I can see INT’s coming.

2) Aside from a few bombs our receivers have not shown that they can create separation.

3) Most of our passing production comes from these little out routes where the receiver creates YAC. How will we fare when it’s against 5* guys?

4) We will finally find out if our secondary can handle some real talent.

And last but not least, time to see these lines for the first real time and see if we can create any push.

Any game against FL I’ll assume is an L until the clock hits zero.

In the past, yes, but this is a different team and they are in a different part of the schedule. It is just entirely different dynamics this year.

I won't be safe until we beat them and Arkansas (we have had trouble in the past with the Hogs, in fact I don't remember the last time we won @ Arkansas). However, I just feel the dynamics are different this year and you really can't go off the past.

In the past, yes, but this is a different team and they are in a different part of the schedule. It is just entirely different dynamics this year.

I won't be safe until we beat them and Arkansas (we have had trouble in the past with the Hogs, in fact I don't remember the last time we won @ Arkansas). However, I just feel the dynamics are different this year and you really can't go off the past.
Same was said last year, and FL sucked.

Reactions: BigOrangeFanatic

VN Store

Back