'25 NV OL Douglas Utu (Oregon commit)

I agree. When those things (flip predictions) happen suddenly, they usually are a reflection of something that is already in motion and very quickly made public. I wonder if we have made a move to calm him down and step away from the ledge.

@KingVFL mentioned this was a relationship issue, but I'd live to hear his opinion on where things currently stand. We could definitely use this kid.
At Tackle!

Not really against him playing guard, but after all the fussing and fighting about us not having tackles in the OU game- If I were Tennessee I would tell him you can play tackle.

He’s a better RT than anyone we have behind Campbell right now.
Maybe!
But Warren was a Top 100 guy out of Texas for 2024. 6’7 340
Trevor Duncan 6’6 320 4 Star out of Knox Catholic. We have some dudes that just need opportunity. Jessie Perry and Jamie’s Heard are super athletic at 6’6 and 6’7 but just young and still need time to develop. Those two would have been bookends on our mid 2010s teams, and we would have force fed them to get ready for real minutes. I just wish people would remember what BAD really is. And it’s not close to bad for us…

I still say that you absolutely tell Utu that he can play RT and let the chips fall where they may.

Davis was directly responsible for both strip sacks, last night. He certainly didn't show well.
Actually the first one was on Dylan Samson. He was responsible for that corner blitz. He was holding in case a LB stunted around but he could have chipped if he was faster. Sampson just whiffed.

Samson also slipped and completely missed on the WR screen to Squirrel.

Davis got swam under on the second one. He just couldn't bend. He's also very slow.

Last edited:
Reactions: walkenvol
Actually the first one was on Dylan Samson. He was responsible for that corner blitz. He was holding in case a LB stunted around but he could have chipped if he was faster. Sampson just whiffed.

Samson also slipped and completely missed on the WR screen to Squirrel.

Davis got swam under on the second one. He just couldn't bend. He's also very slow.
Debatable, I guess. Sampson stepped up in the pocket seemingly to protect against #10 blitzing inside. Dayne Davis blocked no one. Just watched the corner run by him. Maybe he expected Sampson to be there, but you don't give anyone a free run when you aren't engaged with anyone, yourself.

Maybe!
But Warren was a Top 100 guy out of Texas for 2024. 6’7 340
Trevor Duncan 6’6 320 4 Star out of Knox Catholic. We have some dudes that just need opportunity. Jessie Perry and Jamie’s Heard are super athletic at 6’6 and 6’7 but just young and still need time to develop. Those two would have been bookends on our mid 2010s teams, and we would have force fed them to get ready for real minutes. I just wish people would remember what BAD really is. And it’s not close to bad for us…

I still say that you absolutely tell Utu that he can play RT and let the chips fall where they may.

It doesn’t matter but Duncan wasn’t a 4* on any site

Debatable, I guess. Sampson stepped up in the pocket seemingly to protect against #10 blitzing inside. Dayne Davis blocked no one. Just watched the corner run by him. Maybe he expected Sampson to be there, but you don't give anyone a free run when you aren't engaged with anyone, yourself.
Yea, you might be right. We don't know what the blocking assignments were but it's true he blocked no one. It looked like he was protecting the edge. He glanced and saw the corner start but still looked back to the right but then by the time he looked back to the corner he was way to slow to affect the blitz

Yea, you might be right. We don't know what the blocking assignments were but it's true he blocked no one. It looked like he was protecting the edge. He glanced and saw the corner start but still looked back to the right but then by the time he looked back to the corner he was way to slow to affect the blitz
I think LJ looked good though. I would be comfortable with him at LT. Now need to find a better backup for RT to replace Davis

VN Store

Back