'25 NV WR Derek Meadows

He knows Tillman’s family, plus Marcus Nash is his coach - could only help.

Why did it take us so long to offer? At least he didn’t seem offended as he is visiting for the O/W game.
Think we realize French and Cunningham long shots so let’s goninnonnhim as our 4th WR and one OOS WR

He knows Tillman’s family, plus Marcus Nash is his coach - could only help.

Why did it take us so long to offer? At least he didn’t seem offended as he is visiting for the O/W game.
They focus on their normal recruiting footprint first and extend from there. Nevada is not a hotbed for top flight football talent as a state, so when allocating resources you have to weigh the value of a prospect plus likelihood of landing them vs. the time/money investment. Most of the initial finding and contacting is done by the recruiting staff and not actual coaches.

They focus on their normal recruiting footprint first and extend from there. Nevada is not a hotbed for top flight football talent as a state, so when allocating resources you have to weigh the value of a prospect plus likelihood of landing them vs. the time/money investment. Most of the initial finding and contacting is done by the recruiting staff and not actual coaches.
I agree with you about Nevada in general, but Bishop Gorman is always loaded with high level talent.

I agree with you about Nevada in general, but Bishop Gorman is always loaded with high level talent.
That's true, but Tillman is the only player we've ever gotten from there for football (to my knowledge). Marcus Nash being on staff there now could possibly help change that. We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
We just spoke with Derek Meadows. Tennessee impressed coveted the coveted pass-catcher during his visit. He will now take an OV here in June. He connected well with Kelsey Pope and George MacIntyre during this trip. The offense and the experience on campus also caught him by surprise. Tennessee has to keep getting him back to campus, but they have a shot there, in my opinion.
-Matt Ray

Kelsey Pope was in Vegas to see Derek Meadows this week and as of now, it looks like he will be in town for an official visit at the end of May. The Vols will also get official visits from Jaime Ffrench and Caleb Cunningham in June. We won’t be surprised to see Ffrench in town for 865Live at the end of the month.
-VQ

The four-star Class of 2025 wide receiver from Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas told GoVols247 on Sunday that the Vols are scheduled to host him on an official visit the weekend of May 31. They're currently in line to get his first official visit, with Meadows already having planned official visits to three other schools in June.
Tennessee wide receivers coach Kelsey Pope, offensive line coach Glen Elarbee, offensive coordinator Joey Halzle and first-year linebackers coach William Inge all traveled to Bishop Gorman on Thursday to visit the 6-foot-6, 200-pound Meadows and several of his teammates. Meadows expressed serious interest in the Vols even before he received a scholarship offer from them in February,and they impressed him when he traveled to Knoxville last month to attend Tennessee's spring-ending Orange and White Game on April 13.
He said after his visit with the Vols last month that they were "definitely high on my list," and he was already planning to make it back to Tennessee for an official visit. He said he "definitely knew it was going to be a huge place to go," adding that he "definitely wanted to come here for a while," and his first look at the program didn't disappoint.
r.callahan

“I just know coach Pope develops receivers and that’s a big part for me is the development,” Meadows said for his reasons for a Tennessee official visit. “The atmosphere, the people are so friendly there. That’s what I really liked about it. I’m super exited for the next month. This is going to be the time.”

Georgia, Notre Dame, Alabama and LSU join the Vols in getting an official visit from Meadows. All of them are deep in tradition and play a big brand of college football.

“I just want to play where the best of the best play,” Meadows said. “Wherever that is, is where I want to be.”

Meadows loved his time in Knoxville last month and while he didn’t have an official set up before his visit for the Orange and White game, the Vols have been on his mind a lot since.

“I like how they like to throw the ball a lot,” Meadows said. “That really caught my eye. And just the people are so friendly. Everyone was just so loving and caring.”

Meadows admits that most of his top five have similarities but they also have differences. The biggest difference he sees in Tennessee and the others is just how the throw the ball and get their playmakers the ball in space.

“They got a lot of stars in the NFL,” Meadows said. “They have a lot of guys who play or played in the NFL. I like how they get their best players involved and throw it a lot.”

Meadows like the Tennessee staff​

Kelsey Pope was in Vegas earlier this spring to see Meadows and their relationship continues to grow.

“I just look forward to meeting some of the players, hang out with coach Pope and the staff,” Meadows said. “He came out to see me a week or so ago and we talk a good bit.”
-VQ

Wow, somewhat shocking. Not only do we have ties to his coaching staff but he LOVED his UV. They must feel really good about the rest of the WR board to cancel this one...
I interpreted it as the staff didn't feel like they'd be able to keep the momentum going as he has so many visits following ours.

VN Store

Back