Odds Shark Expert Prediction: NC State to cover and win outright.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I haven't seen too many people picking NC State in this one, but I ran across this pick on odds shark.

1725596708313.png

Last edited:
for the first time in like 20 years we can say tenn depth may help.. nc state does not have ton d depth and tenn starts fast.. i like tenn tt over in this game for sure.. tenn should win and SHOULD cover but NC st may get some late push and back door

I haven't seen too many people picking NC State in this one, but I ran across this pick on odds shark.

View attachment 673754
That site has two guys running it. One picked Tennessee to win and cover. The computer is picking Nc state to win. And trust me that computer is wrong a lot. That computer has middle Tennessee beating ole miss

View attachment 673754
I hope this is posted on the black board and gets the attention of th4e tram. Need to get a little fear in their minds. Means we win by 21.

I fully expect NC St to make a game of it. I think the Vols win and cover easily, but it takes all 4 quarters to do it. I think it is pretty close until the 4th and we blow it open because of a couple turnovers.

Overconfidence can kick anybody's patootie. Pride comes before a fall, you know. Sarah Silverman's catchphrase is true. "It can happen."
This is why I mentioned in a past post that some Vols fans, seeing we are returning to winning, and gloating so much after one game. They have replaced their BVS with OIE (over inflated ego). Me? I cheer like heck during the game, and rejoice like heck when we win. Then anxiously await the next game. Remember what Boise State did to Oklahoma and Oregon. What happen in 1998 with Temple and VT, 1986 with Miami (OHIO) and LSU, 2007 with Navy and Norte Dame, as well as Appalachian State and Mighty Michigan. It can happen, so a bit of humbleness shouldn't be out of the question.

All that said, I'm looking forward to a return of the old days when the Vols were a team you'd rather avoid playing if you could. The days of when Spurrier said, "Tennessee isn't afraid of anybody." Be proud, but not an arrogant braggart.

Last edited:
Think this game is going to be closer than many Vol fans want to believe. NCSt has a good team and will be fired up to make amends for last weeks poor showing. They will hang around until mid 2nd half then Vols start running it down their throats and put it away. Hope its a blowout but way I see it today.
I can certainly see that. But I think this team is focused and know what’s in front of them. We should win by 17-20 points. Our offense is dropping 40+ but I can see NC State hitting some explosives in the pass game and hanging in for a half

I think we will win, but it won't be the pushover many hope for. I think NCSt puts up a good fight. Go Vols

Reactions: Coach_Z
Think this game is going to be closer than many Vol fans want to believe. NCSt has a good team and will be fired up to make amends for last weeks poor showing. They will hang around until mid 2nd half then Vols start running it down their throats and put it away. Hope its a blowout but way I see it today.
I don't get this. What makes people think that NCSt is a great team? They had to play to their full potential to beat WCU. They are typically a middle of the pack ACC school.

I'm glad to see some realistic comments in this thread. VN has been flashing serious '22 South Carolina vibes all week. And I know we didn't expect the Connor Stalions scandal, Jeremy Banks' deal or Hendon's injury before that game. But that is the point....so many unknown variables can play into a game. Vols SHOULD win, COULD win easily, but it may not go the way most people think.

Concepcion is a wild card with our untested secondary. But their OL was a mess week 1. I think they will find it tough to move the ball on us consistently.

And obviously I don't think their defense will be able to contain us after allowing 21 points and 361 yards of Total Offense to Western Carolina.

Will be hard to get Concepcion the ball if the quarterback has less than 2 seconds to throw the football......

That site has two guys running it. One picked Tennessee to win and cover. The computer is picking Nc state to win. And trust me that computer is wrong a lot. That computer has middle Tennessee beating ole miss
Just goes to show -- GIGO

I don't get this. What makes people think that NCSt is a great team? They had to play to their full potential to beat WCU. They are typically a middle of the pack ACC school.
Memphis State vs. a Manning led team.

Honestly, it’s just how these things work in sports. When everybody picks one way unanimously then a great bet is to take the underdog to at least cover and a good chance of winning outright.

From what we’ve seen on the field in ONE game- it looks like Tennessee is going to roll but sports are funny like that. NCstate will cover I’d say.

VN Store

Back