Offensive Line Nickname

lockvol

Vol For Ever
Anybody have a good nickname for the strength of this year's team? I remember the "Tennessee Valley Authority" or "TVA" line back in the late 80's, early 90's with Antone Davis, Charles McRae, etc.

Let's see if they're worth a sh&t first. I know they should be good....but we've seen expectations blow up in our face many time.

Reactions: 8 people
They're great at pass protection, I've yet to be impressed by their run blocking. Hope they get physical and live up to the hype.

Reactions: 2 people
Georgia has the "Gur-shall" running backs, how about "Tiny-bull-wuan-ful-stone"..? .

Until they prove on the field that they can play as the BA's we (and the coaches) feel they can play like, I will call them the Stay Puft Marshmallow line.

Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

I really hope they prove me wrong and play really, really nasty this year.

Bricks build a foundation, and they are team 117`s foundation. It may not be the sexiest name, but "THE FOUNDATION" gets my vote. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
Although I do agree with other posters about seeing them in action, if I were to make up a name for them I would call them the Big Orange Bulldozers.

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously? I'll give them a nickname when we have a 1000yd rusher again.

I'm not entirely certain that is 100% on the line. It is n entirely possible, and likely that we have had running backs that didn't hit the holes at the right time, or cut when the hole was not there instead of just running into the cluster f*** for a 2yrd gain.

I'd rather see a running back that doesn't go down on the first hit 90% of the time.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not entirely certain that is 100% on the line. It is n entirely possible, and likely that we have had running backs that didn't hit the holes at the right time, or cut when the hole was not there instead of just running into the cluster f*** for a 2yrd gain.

I'd rather see a running back that doesn't go down on the first hit 90% of the time.

Marlin Lane has shown great strides in that regard. He's a real "fall forward" type of back.

VN Store

Back