Offensive Line Nickname

Technically, is a footer the real foundation? So a less sexy name would be "The Footer".

No. A footer is a footer. A foundation is the block and or bricks stacked on top of the footer to provide a solid foundation for a structure like a house or a football team :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
How about the Big Orange Coalition..
Or
nWo
Or
The Orange Horsemen
Or
The Big orange bricklayers
Or
The orange crush
Or.....

Anybody have a good nickname for the strength of this year's team? I remember the "Tennessee Valley Authority" or "TVA" line back in the late 80's, early 90's with Antone Davis, Charles McRae, etc.

Whats the purpose of a nickname. I want to see the team do great. They're the UT Vols what else is needed.

It really should grow organically out of their performance on the field, which was the case with the aforementioned Tennessee Valley Authority. If you just want naming candidates, "Great Wall of Orange" would not be bad, but they would definitely have to prove themselves worthy of such a descriptor.

Seriously? I'll give them a nickname when we have a 1000yd rusher again.
I believe what your looking for is a better rusher. The oline cant block the turf, and half the time the turf seems to make the tackle on our rbs (in the past)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back