Offensive line

Yes , we had a couple of drives last year and never really comitted to the run, but we also had very bad short yardage gains against good defenses. The OL received praise for pass blocking and low number of sacks with a QB that had a quick release and got rid of the football.

Defenses are going to make plays every now and then. They are good players too. You have stay committed to the run though. I would rather have a three and out that consisted of three runs for 8 yards than have three incompletions as we had multiple multiple times last year. At least with three runs we are taking about 2 minutes off the clock and letting the defense rest and at the same time while not gaining a first down pound the opposing defense a little bit.

If you watch Alabama at all they of course are loaded and I am not comparing us to them at all but they have a great offensive line as well as very talented backs. They just continue to pound the football all game long and eventually the other team begins to wear down.

Are we going to score every drive? No...I would just like to see a commitment to the run with this offensive line. I think with our inexperienced qb play and wr it gives us the best chance to win and stay in ball games and at the same time give our defense a little help as well.

So the OL is really just average at best and is being over hyped because of the great play of an undrafted QB? The NFL can't evaluate tallent and all these guys are really not going to be drafted anywhere close to these predictions?

Come on man...this is a really tallented OL and there is no reasons for them not to have a very productive season.

When Kiffin was here, we ran the ball more effectively than we had for years under Fulmer. Our running game will be our strength--but SEC teams aren't going to let us run it, gents. Not a chance. They will make us complete passes--and that could be a problem. We need a solid short passing game--badly. Our offense needs to be fairly good because the defense, to be candid, could be pretty bad again. SEC teams will run wide on us all day.

Agree. And with the out of comfrence schedule this year, a 5-7 record is a distinct possibility.

i just hope the passing game is good enuff to keep opposing DCs from constantly "stacking the box".

Oregon stacked the box >50% of the time vs. Stanford. The Cardinal ran 40 times for 200 and held the ball for 36.

Our OLine is easily better than Stanford's. And Oregon lost a starting DE, all starting LBs and a starting S.

Reactions: 1 person
When Kiffin was here, we ran the ball more effectively than we had for years under Fulmer. Our running game will be our strength--but SEC teams aren't going to let us run it, gents. Not a chance. They will make us complete passes--and that could be a problem. We need a solid short passing game--badly. Our offense needs to be fairly good because the defense, to be candid, could be pretty bad again. SEC teams will run wide on us all day.

I'm baffled by the assumption that UT can't pass the ball now.
Worley threw it often and all over the field in HS.
Everyone of our top 6-8 WR, and starting RBs, can run and catch.
The OLine will hold up in pass blocking.
This assumption will quickly be dismissed.

Most every player on the field tore it up in high school. SO WHAT? Lots of size and speed in the SEC also.

The OL hasn't proven they can do anything yet. And the first game against AP won't count. We find out how good or how over rated we are against Oregon this year. Not before.

Most every player on the field tore it up in high school. SO WHAT? Lots of size and speed in the SEC also.

The OL hasn't proven they can do anything yet. And the first game against AP won't count. We find out how good or how over rated we are against Oregon this year. Not before.

18 sacks in 2011, 8 sacks in 2012 along with 4.8 yds per rush attempt avg, 4/5 returning starters, second most combined starts on an o line in the entire country. What are you talking about?

You're stats are a joke. Two year old stats don't mean much. They have to prove it on the field with the QB and backs we have today behind them. Bray was a prick during his stay here but he did have talent that I'm not sure we have now. We looked real bad last two years when Bray was on the sidelines. Account for that in your stats of the last two years.

VN Store

Back