Offical Butch Jones Thread I

Has a winning record...sounded good in the presser....I'm in until he gives me a reason not to be

Reactions: 2 people
Would have loved for him to say I look forward to kicking Nick and Les ass for years to come...

in before negativity starts....

Butch is gonna do well! loved that he expects championships and not 8 win seasons

:rock:Lets give the man a chance, if he can recruit we will win, he can coach, I like the fire in him.

Welcome Coach Jones. Glad you wanted to coach at UT. Don't let the bastar*s get you down, and I don't think you will.

Reactions: 1 person
Not to start any negativity...I was all Gruden for coach but the brief letdown has passed...More than anything I wanted someone who can win and unite and excite these boys and fans....I want to say welcome to Coach Jones and let's get this started...GBO

The only thing I'm concerned with, is he going to run any kind of Option? I hope not.

I didn't want Butch at all. I was really angry when the news broke. However, he is our coach now. I will back him up 100% until he gives us a reason not to. Having said that, Dave Hart fumbled this search from the start. Dave Hart should hand in his resignation letter today. I'll support this team until the day I die, I'll support Jones unless he proves to be taking UT backwards even more, but I will NOT support Dave Hart. Ever.

ESPN doesn't hate Butch Jones
What They're Saying About Butch Jones - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Ups from Schad, Mortensen, Dilfer, SVP.

siap

-----

Also from Mort just now

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

Caught flak for saying Bill O'Brien was right man for Penn St. Now I'll say this: Tennessee Vols got lucky with Butch Jones #lovethehire

Nick Saban was only 5 games over .500, 0-3 in bowl games at Mich St when LSU hired. Give a Butch Jones the Vols/SEC resources, watch out.

Pete Carroll was USC's 4th choice. Fans were upset. Not when they were hoisting trophies.

Last edited:
I have to say CBJ wasn't even on my list but I was impressed with his press conference. Let's hope that can translate to the field. I got the feeling this guy is going to command respect from his team.

VN Store

Back