Official 2013 Orange and White Game thread

Alot of work to be done. This team will be ready by the fall if the skill players are healthy. Honestly guys we need a mobile quarterback. It's nothing against Worley or Peterman you can just tell that somethings missing behind center.

Reactions: 1 person
Alot of work to be done. This team will be ready by the fall if the skill players are healthy. Honestly guys we need a mobile quarterback. It's nothing against Worley or Peterman you can just tell that somethings missing behind center.

I didn't get to watch all of the game today, but the "sacks" on Peterman wouldn't have all been sacks in a real game. Had a pretty sweet spin move at one point that could have avoided a tackle. Plus, all of our best guys aren't out there yet, so I'm not panicked.

Humm, not sure about that. Peterman didnt havent anyone to throw too and has the better arm and mobility. Of course Dobbs or Ferguson could come in and win the job.

From what i saw from Peterman today. . Only thing he has going for him are his legs. . His brain and arm are inadequate for qb position

I didn't get to watch all of the game today, but the "sacks" on Peterman wouldn't have all been sacks in a real game. Had a pretty sweet spin move at one point that could have avoided a tackle. Plus, all of our best guys aren't out there yet, so I'm not panicked.

Damn right, he had one play where he rolled out to the right and woulda got a td but he was barely touched and they called it back.. Peterman>Worley

Here are my thoughts:

1. AWESOME the number of lettermen that were there. They looked like they were having a great time being together. Arian Foster was having the time of his life being DJ. At one point, he called out the band, saying "Band, ya'll are makin it hard. We're trying to do something, and ya'll keep playing. Give us until halftime!" It was hilarious. Glad to see him back at UT. Glad that bridge is repaired.

2. Our defense looks much improved. Glad to see Brian Randolph playing well, getting the pick and almost taking it all the way, especially after his injury.

3. The team looks in much better shape. Some guys had really buffed up, but not much speed was lost. Jacques Smith and Devrin Young looked much different physically.

4. Loved the up-tempo offense. Really think that's going to be great for us.

5. Alden Hill is going to get a lot of reps this year. He's earned every one of them.

6. I'm not going to get too one way or the other about the QB's, but suffice it to say, I believe the job is still wide open. Ferguson, High and Dobbs are all three going to have a shot.

7. Hate that so many players were hurt.

8. Met MZTerry. One of the sweetest women ever. Wish her nothing but the best. Hate she had to see her son on the sidelines hurt today. I have a feeling he will be getting a lot of attention this fall though.

My first O & W game. We should rename it to "The Vol Family Reunion"

Reactions: 5 people
Here are my thoughts:

1. AWESOME the number of lettermen that were there. They looked like they were having a great time being together. Arian Foster was having the time of his life being DJ. At one point, he called out the band, saying "Band, ya'll are makin it hard. We're trying to do something, and ya'll keep playing. Give us until halftime!" It was hilarious. Glad to see him back at UT. Glad that bridge is repaired.

2. Our defense looks much improved. Glad to see Brian Randolph playing well, getting the pick and almost taking it all the way, especially after his injury.

3. The team looks in much better shape. Some guys had really buffed up, but not much speed was lost. Jacques Smith and Devrin Young looked much different physically.

5. Alden Hill is going to get a lot of reps this year. He's earned every one of them.

6. I'm not going to get too one way or the other about the QB's, but suffice it to say, I believe the job is still wide open. Ferguson, High and Dobbs are all three going to have a shot.

8. Met MZTerry. One of the sweetest women ever. Wish her nothing but the best. Hate she had to see her son on the sidelines hurt today. I have a feeling he will be getting a lot of attention this fall though.

Is there an injury list ? and how severe to the extent of them ?

Here are my thoughts:

9. Byron Moore was EVERYWERE on defense

After watching some of Bama's A-Day Game, I don't think Vol fans should get too down because everything wasn't perfect. There's was pretty sloppy which just shows that's the way spring games are for all teams even the mighty Bama.

All in all, it was good to see some breakthroughs plays and see the fanbase hyped and all the lettermen there. Of course we have work to do that's part of the purpose of the O&W game but I think it was a good day for us and the team. We have a lot to be happy about.

Reactions: 2 people
From what I've read here and on Facebook plus watching the post-game Rocky Top video, I get the distinct feeling that there's going to be something different about this team. They may not win many games the first year, but there seems to be an electricity that has an air of authenticity to it that I haven't seen in many years.

Could this be the start of the healing process for the Vol faithful?

Alden Hill was the best back on the field. Dude hits the hole and keeps pushing. Falls forward everytime. Peterman and Worley looked average at best. I know they didn't have the right receivers out there, but they still didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about them. Defense looked better and in better shape, but the offense was pretty vanilla today. I liked what I saw multiple tacklers. Cody Blanc had a nice run after the catch for a TD. Randolph baited Worley into that interception. Great move on his part. Bad move on Worley's part. Neal still hesitates too much. His long run could have been longer if he would have just ran instead stutter stepping. If they work hard this summer, they'll finally compete very well with the better teams this year. I'm not worried at this moment. Going to be a long summer though.

"Band, ya'll are makin it hard. We're trying to do something, and ya'll keep playing. Give us until halftime!" It was hilarious. Glad to see him back at UT. Glad that bridge is repaired

Yeah as much as I love Arian, that pissed me off. Let the band play but I might be biased. The band might as well have not been there with them playing crappy music every chance they got.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back