Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the love of all things sacred are there any sports talk radio shows that will even discuss the possibility of Gruden coming here. I'm mean come on talking about Mel Tucker or Chad Morris have we gotten to that level? SMDH!

People would rather be wrong than be embarrassed...think about it...

Reactions: 1 person
I think most fans are aware that today is decision day. I've never seen all insiders go quiet at once like this - when something pretty big is still unresolved. They're either hunkered down in bomb shelters or on radio silence. I tend to think it's radio silence - still can't believe how well they're cooperating!

I knew today was supposed to be d-day and I've been refreshing like crazy. I'll work for 5-10 minutes then refresh to make sure I hadn't missed anything. Good thing I can multi-task!

I want to believe it’s because we are saving the best for last...

Attachments

• 3E1E3165-6341-42E6-B399-F43BD396D585.jpg
    3E1E3165-6341-42E6-B399-F43BD396D585.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 15
Regarding the absence of "insiders" (I don't think it's a coincidence we're not hearing from them), it could mean:

Something good is coming, and they've been muzzled so keep from spilling it, or possibly ruin the chances of it happening.

Or, it could mean "they" don't want said insiders to get the fans hopes up and cause a negative reaction to a less-satisfying hire.

Obviously, I hope it's the former.

I'm just as confused that we would interview Petersen and the same day bring in Kevin Steele.

If Currie's pitch and a prayer was to secure Leach, did things really blow up so badly as to move down to what would the 9th-15th options for most fans?

How are all of these other schools getting their first shots? Surely Tennessee isn't trying to go cheap again considering we threw $7mil on the table at Gundy.

But we haven't heard a peep about any coaches outside the few coordinators that have been mentioned today.

Everything is confusing.

Only one thing makes sense...the rest of it is confusing for sure. I can make an argument for Gruden based off deduction and circumstantial evidence...but these other “candidates” don’t add up.

Reactions: 3 people
Going to take a nap then out to eat with my girlfriend.. hopefully we don’t hire Kevin Steele during my date. She hasn’t seen this side of me yet lol

Reactions: 6 people
Norvell signs extension

[twitter]938155681303146496[/twitter]

So excited about the future of Memphis Tiger football and to announce that I have signed an extension to continue to lead this great program! Thank you to @UofMemphisPres Tom Bowen and Board of Trustees for allowing me the opportunity #StripeEmUp #TigerFam #CLIMB #Grateful

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back