Oh my, Tennessee has only one Dylan Sampson-West

JohnWardForever

Marvin West addresses the Running Back Room------Depth.. westwords "Neyland, on his way to becoming a general, never took success for granted. He did not overlook the opposition. I once heard him say, with a straight face, that the Volunteers must fear Chattanooga’s passing attack. Three days later, the Vols nipped the Mocs, 41-0." YES, Marvin goes back this far, what a lucky Man! Enjoy it Men! (And women!)

Seldon's shoulder thing is tricky. We watched how badly it affected Jabari Small for the last two seasons, so much that I think (opinion) he went pro just so he could maximize his earnings while he still could play ball. He could have come back and been Rb #2 again so that's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Bishop has been getting the bulk of the #2 snaps in practice while Seldon is out. I think Peyton Lewis ends up taking over that spot, but it may be later in the season, depending on his ability to learn the O and pass pro.

Not sure where Keith is in all this unless he's in the doghouse or something. I hoped he would be pushing Bishop for carries but so far he's been real quiet in camp. I hate that too because he is built like a bowling ball and think he would be a nice compliment to Sampson.

Seldon's shoulder thing is tricky. We watched how badly it affected Jabari Small for the last two seasons, so much that I think (opinion) he went pro just so he could maximize his earnings while he still could play ball. He could have come back and been Rb #2 again so that's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Bishop has been getting the bulk of the #2 snaps in practice while Seldon is out. I think Peyton Lewis ends up taking over that spot, but it may be later in the season, depending on his ability to learn the O and pass pro.

Not sure where Keith is in all this unless he's in the doghouse or something. I hoped he would be pushing Bishop for carries but so far he's been real quiet in camp. I hate that too because he is built like a bowling ball and think he would be a nice compliment to Sampson.

He has been mentioned in practice reports, a little bit at least. I think he is more of a jumbo package back or short yardage back. I can see him used some and will be crucial for us if injuries pile up.

He has been mentioned in practice reports, a little bit at least. I think he is more of a jumbo package back or short yardage back. I can see him used some and will be crucial for us if injuries pile up.
Last time I remember seeing his name, he was running last in the order behind a couple walk ons in practice. I try not to get too caught up reading those things, but you can't escape the order of snaps, live or not. If he is letting walk-ons go ahead of him in practice that a bad sign......or worse, he has been relegated to last due to other issues. Either way its not what I want to hear or read so I am not sure what's going on.

Reactions: volmandu
Marvin West addresses the Running Back Room------Depth.. westwords "Neyland, on his way to becoming a general, never took success for granted. He did not overlook the opposition. I once heard him say, with a straight face, that the Volunteers must fear Chattanooga’s passing attack. Three days later, the Vols nipped the Mocs, 41-0." YES, Marvin goes back this far, what a lucky Man! Enjoy it Men! (And women!)
As usual Mr West writes an excellent piece of journalism.

Going out on a limb on a Monday morning I see. You daredevil you.
Does this guy always have a sarcastic ******* take? Or is he just having a bad week? Everything I’ve seen him post (just started to noticed a few days ago) is usually some sarcastic shît mocking another board member for having optimism. Can’t stand “fans” like that. Join the Bama board if you wanna mock other Tennessee fans.

Does this guy always have a sarcastic ******* take? Or is he just having a bad week? Everything I’ve seen him post (just started to noticed a few days ago) is usually some sarcastic shît mocking another board member for having optimism. Can’t stand “fans” like that. Join the Bama board if you wanna mock other Tennessee fans.
I welcome all takes and ignore nobody. However I will gladly respond to sarcasm with more sarcasm. I don't really keep up with who’s who so I can’t really say for sure if he has a schtick or not.

Fwiw, i think this place is pretty tame and fairly respectful compared to other message boards I frequent. So I suggest you laugh it off and get ready for some football in 3 weeks. If someone keeps following You around being a smart-A, just give it back to them. Most likely they’re just trying to get a reaction from you.

I welcome all takes and ignore nobody. However I will gladly respond to sarcasm with more sarcasm. I don't really keep up with who’s who so I can’t really say for sure if he has a schtick or not.

Fwiw, i think this place is pretty tame and fairly respectful compared to other message boards I frequent. So I suggest you laugh it off and get ready for some football in 3 weeks. If someone keeps following You around being a smart-A, just give it back to them. Most likely they’re just trying to get a reaction from you.
100%. Just think it’s weird when I see an alleged Tennessee fan taking every opportunity presented to take a shot at Tennessee. Just weird. But not something I lose sleep over haha. Just happy to be a better fan 😊

Sarcasm meets sarcasm, that's how I took it. Some days are diamonds, some days are stones. Some days we are less tolerant. Go Vols!

It’s natural for people to want Keith to be that “Thunder” force in the backfield. He’s 6’1 240 and built like Hercules. I suspect he’s coming along just fine, but it’s us fans that are confusing his progress with Bishop just being a solid Running Back.

Bishop is quick and has excellent vision. He has hands. Breaks tackles in open space and sneaky powerful between the tackles.

Even when Seldon gets healthy and Peyton gets up to speed, by then Bishop will have already gotten run in real games, and I dare say it won’t be easy taking carriers from him.

He’s the most underrated player on the roster by a long shot.

It’s natural for people to want Keith to be that “Thunder” force in the backfield. He’s 6’1 240 and built like Hercules. I suspect he’s coming along just fine, but it’s us fans that are confusing his progress with Bishop just being a solid Running Back.

Bishop is quick and has excellent vision. He has hands. Breaks tackles in open space and sneaky powerful between the tackles.

Even when Seldon gets healthy and Peyton gets up to speed, by then Bishop will have already gotten run in real games, and I dare say it won’t be easy taking carriers from him.

He’s the most underrated player on the roster by a long shot.
You are correct in that I want thunder and lightning coming from the backfield. I don't care who its is as long as they're effective.

Unfortunately, we have to rely on the media for progress reports, and unless I'm missing something, there simply haven't been any real updates for Keith.

You are correct in that I want thunder and lightning coming from the backfield. I don't care who its is as long as they're effective.

Unfortunately, we have to rely on the media for progress reports, and unless I'm missing something, there simply haven't been any real updates for Keith.
During Heups first 3 seasons the run game has been outstanding. And this season we have a veteran O-line that’s clearing the way for some talented RBs. Honestly I wouldn’t trade our backfield for anyone else’s. Not even Texas backfield (go look at their RBs if you get the chance). CJ Baxter is an animal.

Keith will play a factor this year. He may rush for only 300 yards this season but have 10 TDS because he’s finally established himself as the goal line RB. We’ll need all of them this season at some point in time.

Always works out like that.

Last time I remember seeing his name, he was running last in the order behind a couple walk ons in practice. I try not to get too caught up reading those things, but you can't escape the order of snaps, live or not. If he is letting walk-ons go ahead of him in practice that a bad sign......or worse, he has been relegated to last due to other issues. Either way its not what I want to hear or read so I am not sure what's going on.
So you get to watch practice?

So you get to watch practice?
I wish! No but i read every word I can from every media member that does (or that I have access to at least!).

My comment was made because Cain and VQ said he was running last in reps behind several walkons during practice last week. Haven’t seen his name again since.

RB and DB are my personal two biggest concerns with this team. Depth at RB and the complete unknown of our DB room.
I was looking at Ohio State's DB recruiting
Top 2 CBs for 2025 (both 5 star)
3 Top 100 CBs for 2024
2023 they got the best transfer portal CB and recruited well in HS
And they're pretty talented at safety too.

I mean...just let us have ONE of those CB please haha.

I was looking at Ohio State's DB recruiting
Top 2 CBs for 2025 (both 5 star)
3 Top 100 CBs for 2024
2023 they got the best transfer portal CB and recruited well in HS
And they're pretty talented at safety too.

I mean...just let us have ONE of those CB please haha.

There was a time when we had embarrassing riches at CB and S year after year.

RB is just a transition year but hopefully we're just reloading since Wright and Small are gone.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back